Upgrade on a partner airline
Travel with all the comfort and level of service in Business or First Class, with one of the Star Alliance network partners. See how you'll like it!
Spend your miles in class
No offers found
How to convert miles to an upgrade on a Star Alliance network partner
- Book your flight with a Star Alliance network partner.
- Issue your ticket and submit your upgrade request.
- Login to your Victoria account and upgrade your ticket.
- A confirmation email will be sent in the end of the transaction.
- Enjoy the comfort of flying in business or first class.
- Miles to be earned are based on the fare originally bought.
Terms and Conditions
- Upgrades are only available in certain booking classes and may vary by carrier. Standard allowable fares are Y and B for upgrade to business and C and D for upgrade to first.
- Star Alliance Upgrade Awards must be requested up to 24 hours before departure except for ANA (up to 56 days prior to departure) and Asiana (must be requested at flight date only).
- Paying for an upgrade with miles is done by segment (for example: Funchal-Lisbon: 5,000 miles + Lisbon-Rio de Janeiro: 25,000 miles).
- Miles can only be redeemed for an upgrade to the next premium class of travel.
- Upgrades cannot be combined with other awards.
- The same number of miles is required for upgrades, whether the passengers are adults or children.
- Same conditions as original ticket apply.
- You collect Miles based on the original ticket.
- Mileage requirement stated is per flight segment.
- For cancellation and rebooking please contact the operating carrier directly. The Victoria Programme has a handling fee (80 euros) for refunding miles used on upgrades with Star Alliance, in the event of cancellation. Gold and TAP AMEX Platinum Clients are exempt from this fee.
- Star Alliance Upgrade Awards are not transferable in case of rebooking. After booking a new flight, a new request must be submitted and is again subjected to availability.
- The seat availability varies according to the destination and time of year. The number of seats is limited even if flights are not fully booked. These awards may not be available on all flights.