TAP flies directly to more than 80 destinations in 3 continents. You can find information about them at destinos.flytap.com.
“Code-share” refers to a partnership between TAP and other airline companies. Some flights, though marketed by TAP and with Airline Designator Code TP, may be operated by other companies. When booking and at check-in, TAP will advise which carrier is operating your flight.
You can find information about destinations operated by partner airlines here.
A one-way fare or one-way trip is when you buy a plane ticket without a return flight.
A multi-city trip gives you greater flexibility when booking your flight. It also allows you to depart and return from and to different airports. For example: Departure — Lisbon-Paris/Return — Toulouse-Porto. You may add up to 6 segments, using the option “Add Route", in the booking process.
TAP offers its passengers 5 ways to travel:
Yes. The tap|executive product guarantees exclusive conditions, such as access to parking and lounge at the airport, priority luggage and check-in, personalised service and comfort on board. Find more information on here.
Yes. Fares might depend on several factors, such as the season, day of the week or passenger status. You can find all information related to fares on here.
Yes. When travelling to the United States, you will need a passport and permission to travel issued by the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). Find all information on here.
The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is authorisation to travel to the United States, mandatory for passengers exempt from visas. Authorisation must be requested and obtained up to 3 days before the flight. More information here.
You can apply by submitting an online form. You should do it in advance, preferably before you book your flight. Find more information on here.
The terms of the contract between TAP and passenger are available in the General Conditions of Carriage here.
Star Alliance offers exceptional flexibility and prices, with the Round the World, Circle Pacific and regional fares. Find all information available here and prepare yourself to explore the world.
The price of a flight depends on several factors. Here are some tips to find the best fares:
- Book in advance: by booking in advance you will find seats available at the best prices. The closer the booking date is to departure, the lower the chance of finding the best ticket price
- Book a Saturday night: try to spend a Saturday night at your chosen destination. Some of the lowest ticket fares have this restriction
- Avoid travelling during the high season: seats sell out quickly at this time year and the best rates are the first to be sold. You should travel in high season only when necessary
- Promotions: visit flytap.com regularly and subscribe to our Newsletter. This is one of the best ways to hear about our special offers firsthand
- Good Planning: the best ticket fares are the most restrictive, many of them do not allow any changes or refunds after the ticket has been issued and even when changes are allowed they will be subject to penalties