Need extra baggage?
While booking your flight through flytap.com, you can buy extra baggage with a discount of up to 10% on the cost at the airport.
See conditions below.
The free checked luggage allowance is based on the number of pieces to be transported.
In accordance with international occupational health and safety standards, TAP does not transport luggage or other pieces of luggage weighing more than 32 kg. Volumes of baggage weighing more that 32kg must be dispatched as cargo. Check below the permitted luggage for your flight.
To Spain (Bilbao, Malaga and A Coruña) - operated by Beechcraft airplanes will be accepted 2 pieces of 23 kg.
The piece concept is based on the number of pieces of luggage that passengers are allowed to carry.
It applies to all TAP routes.
This is luggage handed over to TAP for which a claim tag is issued.
This luggage is transported in the plane’s cargo hold and, for security reasons, in the same plane in which the passenger travels.
Luggage must be properly locked and identified with the passenger’s name and address to ensure safe transport.
Checked luggage must not contain:
- Fragile and perishable items;
- Essential medication;
- Professional or academic documents;
- Passports or other identification documents;
- Any valuable items (such as money, jewellery, precious metals, glasses, contact lenses, prosthesis and other orthopedic devices of any kind, personal computers or any other related equipment, cellular telephones and other personal electronic devices, negotiable papers, securities or other valuable documents).
Dangerous articles cannot be transported. These include:
- Explosives, including detonators, fuses, grenades and mines;
- Gases, including propane and butane gas
- Flammable liquids, including petrol and methanol
- Flammable solids and reactive substances, including magnesium, lighters, fireworks and torches
- Oxidants and organic peroxides, including bleach and car paint touch-up kits
- Toxic or infectious substances, including rat poison and infected blood
- Radioactive material, including medicinal isotopes or others available on the market
- Corrosive substances, including mercury and car batteries
- Components of car fuel supply systems that have contained fuel
Attention: perishable and liquid products will not be accepted. We ask special attention to passengers carrying bottles of wine and olive oil or similar products. These products will not be accepted in hand or checked luggage.
Perishable and liquid products can be shipped only as unaccompanied cargo. In case you need to ship these products, we request that you contact the cargo sector.
These are electronic devices that simulate real cigarettes and smoking.
For safety reasons, they cannot be carried in the hold as there is a risk of overheating and fire. They can be carried as hand luggage, but cannot be used on board TAP aircraft.
Need extra baggage?
While booking your flight through flytap.com, you can buy extra baggage* with a discount of up to 10% on the cost at the airport.
Conditions for using this service:
- Reservation of 1 (one) extra bag per passenger (except children under 2);
- For flights between Brazil and Europe, the item of extra baggage may weigh up to 23 kg and must have a total size under 158 cm;
- Reservation subject to limited availability;
- This service can be booked through flytap.com during your reservation, through Contact Centre, TAP stores or travel agents up until 24 hours before flight departure;
- Reservations on payment by credit card;
- Service valid only on flights operated by TAP.
* Check the free baggage allowance that can be carried in the hold.
Authorised extra luggageVictoria Gold and Silver members have different luggage allowances when flying with TAP:
|Victoria Member||Piece Concept||Weight Concept|
|Gold (or Star Alliance Gold Member)||1 additional piece with maximum weight according to booking class||23 or 32 kg / 50 or 70 lb|
|Silver||1 piece up to 15 kg / 33 lb||15 kg / 33 lb|