University and Erasmus Students
TAP offers a special campaign for college students.
Following on from the success of the recent initiative, TAP has relaunched a special campaign for University students offering an extra piece of luggage up to 10 kg completely free of charge.
This campaign includes university students who travel between Portugal mainland and the islands of Madeira and the Azores and vice versa, or students of exchange programs in Europe*, travelling with a TAP ticket on flights operated by TAP / Portugalia.
* Only applicable to students attending/in completion of a degree, not applying to post-graduate students, MBAs, Masters or PhD.
- For students who purchase one-way tickets or round trip tickets between the Autonomous Regions (Madeira and the Azores) and mainland Portugal, which may be purchased in mainland Portugal or in the autonomous regions;
- For Erasmus students or for students on other University exchange programmes in Europe. The ticket can be bought anywhere in Europe, where TAP operates.
This offer is available immediately and shall continue to apply until stated otherwise.
TAP will therefore transport an extra 10 kg of checked luggage, totally free of charge, for any student complying with the above conditions.
This translates to the transportation of:
- A total of 2 pieces of 33Kg as checked luggage (1 piece up to 23Kg and an extra up to 10Kg) in economy class (tap|plus, tap|classic, tap|basic, tap|discount) and 8Kg as hand luggage.
- A total of 3 pieces of 74Kg as checked luggage (2 pieces up to 32Kg each and an extra piece up to 10Kg) in business class (tap|executive) and 2 bags with a total of 16Kg as hand luggage.
To benefit from this promotion:
- Bookings can be made through any TAP channel or in travel agencies.
- At check-in students must show their University card (Autonomous Regions) or a letter confirming their registration in a European exchange programme.
See further information about baggage allowance for this TAP campaign here.