Customer complaints at TAP Portugal are handled promptly and with competence. However, there may be different views. Therefore, TAP Portugal is a member of SÖP Schlichtungsstelle für den öffentlichen Personenverkehr e.V. (arbitration board for public passenger transportation).
Passengers travelling privately can apply for arbitration by contacting the above mentioned arbitration board if:
- The passenger flew with TAP Portugal after the 01.11.2013.
- The passenger’s request is associated with the event of denied boarding, cancellation or a long delay of flights, or a baggage loss or delay, destruction or damage as well as breaches of duty regarding the transportation of disabled passengers and passengers with reduced mobility.
- The passenger has already contacted TAP Portugal with a formal request and has not received an answer within two months or
- Is not satisfied with the resolution of a request or is not in agreement with the fulfillment of a claim with TAP Portugal.
- The passenger’s financial claim is at least 10 euro and 5.000 euros at the most.
- The passenger’s request is not being processed by a national regulatory authority e.g. LBA Luftfahrtbundesamt (German federal aviation administration)
- Or hasn’t been submitted to a federal court.
The objectively independent and neutral Arbitration Board will examine the passenger’s request and make an extrajudicial proposal for a dispute resolution free of charge.