Frequently Asked Questions

Collection, transportation and delivery of goods and packages. All topics

I want to send goods with TAP. How is the volumetric weight of my consignment calculated?collapsed

The cubic volume of a consignment is established by applying the greatest length, width, height of the consignment and its packaging. If the volume calculated exceeds 6000 cubic centimetres per kilogramme, the consignment will be charged based on its actual volume.

Which charges do I have to pay when picking up the consignment?collapsed

Charges can vary depending on the country and the handling agent. We advise you to contact the branch office at your destination.

Can I request transport of paints, batteries or other dangerous cargo?collapsed

Yes, within the rules of safety and air transport. Please contact the TAP branch office here or here, or your cargo agent.

Does TAP accept consignments that require negative temperature control?collapsed

Yes. TAP has extensive experience in this kind of consignment and ensures transport in suitable containers, with positive or negative temperature control.

Can I insure my consignment?collapsed

Yes. When the Air Waybill is issued, insurance for your consignment can be carried out. The Air Waybill can be used as proof of an Insurance Policy, when the respective premium is charged.

Can I pay for shipping at my destination?collapsed

Yes. According to local legislation, transport charges can be paid at destination, except perishable cargo, live animals, and human remains.

Does TAP offer packaging for stowing?collapsed

The shipper is responsible for ensuring that the cargo is packed in an appropriate way for carriage and according to the nature of the goods.

What proof will I have that transport has been paid?collapsed

The Air Waybill can be used as invoice/receipt.

What documents are required for transport?collapsed

Requirements can change according to the destination or nature of the goods. We advise you to contact the delegation of destination.

Is fumigation of wooden packaging compulsory?collapsed

Yes. In the case of movement of wooden packaging from third countries (non UE) or between the UE and third countries, in both directions, ISPM No. 15 applies. That is, packaging material must be marked with the "IPPC logo", certifying treatment. This standard was established and agreed within the World Organization for Food and Agriculture (FAO) through the International Plant Protection Convention, and applies to packages made from any kind of wood. With few exceptions, every country in the world has adopted the above standard. Bearing this in mind, packages that do not comply with this requirement are considered illegal and will be either destroyed or treated, and the company will notify the official plant protection services of the dispatching countries of the incident.

Does TAP provide its own personal containers for transporting animals?collapsed

Yes. For dogs and cats,TAP offers 4 models for sale at prices below market value.

What will the chargeable weight of my consignment be?collapsed

The chargeable weight will be the actual gross weight or volume weight, whichever is highest.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Do Ask. We'll Tell.

On social media
Contact Center & Skype

See all