New baggage concept for TAP flights between Mozambique and Portugal
In order to standardize and to simplify baggage transportation rules and procedures throughout TAP’s global network, we would like to inform that all electronic tickets issued from January the 1st 2014 onward for travels between Mozambique and Portugal, and vice-versa, will have a new applicable baggage concept – the Piece Concept. Therefore the new Baggage Allowance is:
- Business Class: 2 checked pieces of baggage with a maximum weight of 32 kg each.
- Economy Class: 2 checked pieces of baggage with a maximum weight of 23 kg each.
We would also like to emphasize the fact that the maximum allowed weight on each checked baggage piece will be 23 kg on economy class and 32 kg on business class. Extra baggage will be subject to the application of service fees. Click here to find out more.
According to the international occupational health and safety standards, TAP will not accept any checked piece of baggage weighing more than 32 kg. Such pieces will have to be dispatched as cargo.
The free checked luggage allowance is based on the number of pieces to be transported.
In accordance with international occupational health and safety standards, TAP does not transport luggage or other pieces of luggage weighing more than 32 kg. Volumes of baggage weighing more that 32kg must be dispatched as cargo. Check below the permitted luggage for your flight.
The piece concept is based on the number of pieces of luggage that passengers are allowed to carry.
It applies to all TAP routes.
This is luggage handed over to TAP for which a claim tag is issued.
This luggage is transported in the plane’s cargo hold and, for security reasons, in the same plane in which the passenger travels.
Luggage must be properly locked and identified with the passenger’s name and address to ensure safe transport.
Checked luggage must not contain:
- Fragile and perishable items;
- Essential medication;
- Professional or academic documents;
- Passports or other identification documents;
- Any valuable items (such as money, jewellery, precious metals, glasses, contact lenses, prosthesis and other orthopedic devices of any kind, personal computers or any other related equipment, cellular telephones and other personal electronic devices, negotiable papers, securities or other valuable documents).
Dangerous articles cannot be transported. These include:
- Explosives, including detonators, fuses, grenades and mines;
- Gases, including propane and butane gas
- Flammable liquids, including petrol and methanol
- Flammable solids and reactive substances, including magnesium, lighters, fireworks and torches
- Oxidants and organic peroxides, including bleach and car paint touch-up kits
- Toxic or infectious substances, including rat poison and infected blood
- Radioactive material, including medicinal isotopes or others available on the market
- Corrosive substances, including mercury and car batteries
- Components of car fuel supply systems that have contained fuel
These are electronic devices that simulate real cigarettes and smoking.
For safety reasons, they cannot be carried in the hold as there is a risk of overheating and fire. They can be carried as hand luggage, but cannot be used on board TAP aircraft.
Authorised extra luggageVictoria Gold and Silver members have different luggage allowances when flying with TAP:
|Victoria Member||Piece Concept||Weight Concept|
|Gold (or Star Alliance Gold Member)||1 additional piece with maximum weight according to booking class||23 or 32 kg / 50 or 70 lb|
|Silver||1 piece up to 15 kg / 13 lb||15 kg / 13 lb|