TAP placed cookies on your computer to help improve this site. You can change your cookies definition at any time. By using this website you consent to their use.
Frequently Asked QuestionsSeveral methods to pay for your trip, in a safe and comfortable way. All topics
After completing your online booking, you can access your receipt in three ways:
- On the confirmation page: by clicking “Print Receipt”, under the “Total Amount” section
- On the confirmation email of your reservation: by clicking “Print Receipt” under the “Payment Details” section
- Making a request in this page
The Security Code, also known as Card Identification Number, is a 3 or 4 digit code that protects your credit card from possible fraud.
- For VISA and MasterCards, you will find it in the back of the card (last 3 digits on the right, after the 16 digits of the card)
- For American Express, you will find it in the front or in the back of the card (the code will be the 4 digits near the 15 digits of your card)
Yes. TAP sells the tickets whether the author of the payment is travelling or not.
Yes. On the "Payment Details" section of the purchase page, you must indicate if the holder of the card will be travelling. In some cases, payment validation is required before boarding.
When you book online, the total amount is normally in the currency of the country you’ve selected in the process. For example, if you’ve selected the country United States, the total amount will be presented in USD.
Yes. In most markets, you can pay by debit card. More information is available on here.
3D Secure is a protocol developed to:
- Improve the security of payments on the internet
- Enable the authentication of the credit card holder with the issuing bank
- Reduce the possibility of fraudulent use of credit cards
- Improve transaction performance
PayPal is a pioneer and the worldwide leading system of sending and receiving online payments, which allows you to transfer money through an email address in a quick and secure way. The network system is based on banking accounts and credit card infrastructures, creating a global payment solution in real-time.
Depending on the market you've chosen, there may be an additional charge associated with a credit card payment.
Yes. This site has a sophisticated mechanism of detection and prevention of fraud, through SSL technology (Secure Socket Layer). This innovative solution allows you to verify the authenticity of payments online, as well as safeguard the integrity and identity of the data. The system is based on encrypting the communications between your personal computer and our servers so they cannot be intercepted. Therefore, the airline reserves the right to refuse carriage of passengers and luggage whose transaction is considered illegal, or if the purchase was made through an agent unauthorised by TAP Portugal. Any activities considered illegal will be immediately reported to the relevant authorities.
No. This payment method is available in Portugal and Belgium only. But it can only be used if you have a debit card issued in Portugal.
When you complete the booking process, the confirmation page will show you all necessary details for the ATM payment:
- Payment reference
- Total Amount
Just choose "Purchase Payment" on the ATM terminal or homebanking system. We would also remind you that some banks do not provide the “Purchase Payment” option via homebanking. If this is the case, or you have any difficulty with the process, please contact TAP.
Reservations for flights departing within 48 hours have a payment period of 3 hours. Reservations for flights with departure over 48 hours can be paid for up to 8pm the following day. If the payment is not registered within the deadlines, the booking will automatically be cancelled.
In this case, you must pay and collect the ticket at any counter or General TAP Agent. The deadline for ticket collection and payment is 72 hours after the reservation. It will be immediately cancelled if the payment is not processed.
Depending on the market, TAP allows for several payment methods when you book a flight online:
- ATM — via any ATM cashpoint or homebanking service
- Bank transfer
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Diners debit and credit cards, amongst others
- Ticket collection
- Other specific payment methods for particular markets, such as iDeal in Holland or Alipay in China