TAP placed cookies on your computer to help improve this site. You can change your cookies definition at any time. By using this website you consent to their use.
Frequently Asked QuestionsMeals, comfort and other services, in economy or executive class. All topics
On some of our A330 and A340 fleet and on specific flights, you will find a wide variety of audio-visual content with touchscreen technology, such as audio and video on demand, films, television and radio channels, games, music cd's and a Kids Channel. Some A330 aircraft are equipped with a digital channel system with remote control, films, TV series, documentaries and audio channels. A319, A320 and A321 aircraft are equipped with ceiling mounted screens where you can enjoy content on sport, destinations, cartoons and much more. OnAir WiFi is available in some aircrafts, so you can access the Internet on your computer, tablet or smartphone during flight. TAP has a selection of magazines and newspapers at your disposal on all flights. Including the award-winning UP Magazine, TAP's in-flight magazine.
Yes. Children aged between 4 and 11 will be given an eco-friendly Flip&Flap tin containing:
- Coloured pencils and sharpener
- An eye mask
- Games and a soft rattle (for children aged between 0 and 3)
No. The only service aboard you have to pay for is the OnAir WiFi system (you will find the price list in your seat-back pocket). All the other services are free.
Some A330 and A340 in our fleet are already equipped with an Audio and Video On Demand system, which includes:
- A selection of over 100 films
- 50 hours of Portuguese, Brazilian and international TV series and documentaries
- Daily news from Rádio Televisão Portuguesa in Portuguese and from France 24 in English and French
- 10 games (some of them multiplayer so you can play with other passengers on the same flight)
- Over 1000 songs (renewed each two months) and audio books, with the possibility of creating your own playlist to listen to on board
- 12 Radio TAP stations
- Information about TAP and its destinations
Our menus showcase Portuguese products, flavours and traditions. Combining traditional and contemporary cuisines: the finest fish, poultry and meat alongside traditional cod and octopus dishes. Chef Vítor Sobral has created:
- 24 new main dishes (12 for medium-haul flights)
- 18 more sophisticated side dishes (6 for medium-haul flights)
- 12 sauces/chutneys for the salads paired with the side dishes
- 6 new soups, an icon of long-haul tap|executive class
- Desserts focused on traditional Portuguese sweets, as well as seasonal fresh fruit
- Cold meats
- Fresh fruit
- Yoghurt and jams
- A selection of savoury and sweet bread
The Recaro lie-flat seats on the A330 are actual beds, with hypo-allergenic pillows twice the size of the previous ones, and are covered with a soft-touch fabric specially designed for tap. Traditional blankets have been replaced by soft, thick comforters on long-haul flights. The headrests have also been redesigned. New electronic noise-reduction headphones with cutting-edge technology make flying with tap even more comfortable. The new recyclable, collectible amenity kits, decorated with artwork by recognised Portuguese, Brazililan and African artists, contain comfort items made with 100% natural materials. Tablecloths, napkins, trolley cloths and tray cloths reflect the traditional quality of Portuguese textiles.
Yes. TAP allows the use of portable electronic devices (PED) during all flight, if set in “flight mode” or equivalent profile — Wireless and Bluetooth functions disabled. There are some guidelines you should observe during your flight:
- Mobile phones and other transmitting PED´s may be switched on until aircraft doors are closed
- During take-off and landing, laptops and heavier PED´s must be properly secured in overhead lockers
- When placed on overhead lockersor if requested by the crew, PED´s must be switched off
- Please, check the list of portable electronic devices that are not allowed to use during all flight here.
Yes. You have a wide choice, including:
- Meals for babies, children and diabetics
- Lactose- and gluten-free meals
- Low-calorie and low salt options
- Vegetarian meals
- Hindu, kosher, halal choices
- Fruit or seafood only dishes
- For executive class, on all flights, regardless of origin or destination
- For economy class, on all intercontinental flights
Yes. On all long-haul flights, and certain medium-haul flights, TAP has special meals for children, provided that they are requested when the flight is booked. If you require a Child Meal for children between the ages of 2 and 11 (inclusive), please request it as early as possible. Baby Meals for children up to the age of 2 (inclusive) are available, if previously requested:
- on long-haul flights
- some medium-haul flights in tap|executive class
Yes. The OnAir Wi-Fi system is available on routes between Europe and North and South America, on board our A330 fleet. All you need to do is turn on your equipment — laptop, tablet or smartphone — connect to the OnAir WiFi network, open your browser and follow the instructions that appear on the screen. You will also find instructions and a price list in your seat-back pocket or on the web session home page. Payment for this service is by credit card. Prices are as follows:
- 4MB — 6 EUR
- 10MB — 12 EUR
Yes. The TAP wine list is the result of careful selection by a panel of renowned Portuguese and Brazilian specialists. Find out more here.
On tap|executive, we offer new comfort kits. Recyclable and collectable, decorated with works from acknowledged Portuguese, Brazilian and African artists. The kit contains items made with 100% natural materials.
You can find all information regarding economy cabin here.
You can find all information regarding executive cabin here.
No. Smoking on board TAP flights is strictly prohibited. You can only carry electronic cigarettes in hand luggage. However, as their use may cause problems, smoking is prohibited in whatever form.
Some special meals are subject to an extra charge on flights of up to than 4 hours (medium haul).These meals are always subject to confirmation and availability. This service must be requested at least 24 hours prior to flight departure time or at the time you book your flight through the Contact Center, the TAP desk or your travel agent. On long haul flights, all special meals served are free for TAP passengers. Check the list of special meals and other information about this service here.
In-flight meals are free of charge except for some special dishes that are subject to an extra charge and are always subject to confirmation and availability. All of the airline’s flights, except the Faro and Porto services from Lisbon, have in-flight meal service. Find out what meal we will be serving on your flight here.