Rail & Fly
Train journey for those traveling with TAP to / from Germany, Amsterdam or Zurich.
TAP Portugal and Deutsche Bahn Partnership
TAP Portugal offers you, in collaboration with Deutsche Bahn, the product “Rail & Fly”. This product enables you to travel from all Deutsche Bahn train stations to the airports of Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich, Dusseldorf, Berlin, Amsterdam or Zurich, where you can catch your TAP Portugal flight. The same is true for return trips between these airports and Deutsche Bahn train stations.
"Rail & Fly" product is only available on TAP operated flights.
- Rail & Fly cannot be booked online.
- If you want to use Rail & Fly, you can purchase it through TAP's Contact Center.
- Rail & Fly is valid for all regular Deutsche Bahn trains, including InterCityExpress (ICE), InterCity (IC) and EuroCity (EC) trains.
- Special trains, the Thalys and sleeper-car trains as well as public transportation between the Deutsche Bahn train station and the airport are NOT included.
- There are additional charges for ICE Sprinter and City Night Line trains.
- The vouchers are valid the day before departure, on the day of departure, the day of arrival and on the day after arrival. If you want to travel by train the day before your flight, you must indicate so at time of booking.
- The Deutsche Bahn train tickets are for second-class carriages.
Printing your Deutsche Bahn train ticket
- Along with your “Rail & Fly” flight ticket you will receive two codes (Pick-Up Numbers) by email.
- To pick up your Deutsche Bahn train ticket to the airport, insert the code in the automatic machine at the train station up to 3 days (72 hours) before your flight’s departure time.
- To pick up your Deutsche Bahn return train ticket, insert the code in the automatic machine at the train station after you arrive;
- 72 hours prior to your departure you can print your Deutsche Bahn train ticket.
- The train times indicated on the travel documents are fictitious.
- You will need to arrive at the airport by Deutsche Bahn 2 hours prior to your flight’s departure time.
- Service not available on flights to / from Africa.