Destinations & Promotions
Places, experiences, opportunities.
Plan & Book
Prepare for Travel, Book, Tools
Prepare for Travel
- Automatic notifications via email and SMS: keep up to date about your next flights.
- Due to government restrictions, TAP is only allowed to open its flights for check-in, to/from USA, 24h before the scheduled time of departure.
- For security reasons and in case of any flight irregularities, it is requested to all passengers to provide an updated phone number and/or email address during the booking process.
& Services At the Airport, On Board,Conventions
At the Airport
Do Ask. We'll Answer.
Via Contact Center, Facebook or Twitter, we are at your disposal.See all
TOP Frequently Asked Questions
- #1What destinations does TAP fly to?
- #2How do I book a flight?
- #3How much checked luggage am I allowed to take?
Firearms and Ammunition
If you wish to travel with guns, please consult the conditions of carriage below.
Firearms and Ammunition
A fixed fee of €25 is charged for transporting firearms and ammunition each way of the journey.
Examples: Lisbon - Stockholm - €25 / Stockholm - Lisbon - €25
Frankfurt - Lisbon – New York - €25
New York - Lisbon - Frankfurt - €25
This charge applies to both methods of calculating baggage: the weight concept and the piece concept.
Passengers must check in one (1) hour before the normal time.
Transportation of firearms and ammunition is under the following conditions:
- No firearms or ammunition are allowed in the cabin.
- They must be handed over unloaded, dismantled and properly packed at check-in.
- The firearm's documentation must be in order. Small firearms can be transported in checked luggage provided that they are declared at check-in.
- Firearms and ammunition containing explosive projectiles cannot be transported as checked luggage.
- Ammunition must not weigh more than 5 kg (11 lbs) per passenger and per bag.
- Ammunition must be small calibre and not contain explosive projectiles. Ammunition must be packed in a container with a strong outer casing: wood, metal or fibre protected against rough handling and prevented from moving around inside.
Transport of firearms in the United Kingdom
- Transport of firearms to and from the United Kingdom is allowed, with some restrictions, upon presentation of a license to carry the firearm. You must also have a special permit/license issued by the local police authority (in the United Kingdom). Firearms must be transported with the passenger as personal luggage, subject to check-in.
- All handguns (pistols/revolvers) are restricted under UK law and may not be carried on TAP aircraft.
Transport of firearms in Switzerland
Firearms or ammunition considered "weapons of war" are not allowed to fly to, from or over Switzerland.