The free checked luggage allowance is based on the number of pieces to be transported.
In accordance with international occupational health and safety standards, TAP does not transport luggage or other pieces of luggage weighing more than 32 kg. Volumes of baggage weighing more that 32kg must be dispatched as cargo. Check below the permitted luggage for your flight.
The piece concept is based on the number of pieces of luggage that passengers are allowed to carry.
It applies to all TAP routes.
This is luggage handed over to TAP for which a claim tag is issued.
This luggage is transported in the plane’s cargo hold and, for security reasons, in the same plane in which the passenger travels.
Luggage must be properly locked and identified with the passenger’s name and address to ensure safe transport.
Checked luggage must not contain:
- Fragile and perishable items;
- Essential medication;
- Professional or academic documents;
- Passports or other identification documents;
- Any valuable items (such as money, jewellery, precious metals, glasses, contact lenses, prosthesis and other orthopedic devices of any kind, personal computers or any other related equipment, cellular telephones and other personal electronic devices, negotiable papers, securities or other valuable documents).
Dangerous articles cannot be transported. These include:
- Explosives, including detonators, fuses, grenades and mines;
- Gases, including propane and butane gas
- Flammable liquids, including petrol and methanol
- Flammable solids and reactive substances, including magnesium, lighters, fireworks and torches
- Oxidants and organic peroxides, including bleach and car paint touch-up kits
- Toxic or infectious substances, including rat poison and infected blood
- Radioactive material, including medicinal isotopes or others available on the market
- Corrosive substances, including mercury and car batteries
- Components of car fuel supply systems that have contained fuel
These are electronic devices that simulate real cigarettes and smoking.
For safety reasons, they cannot be carried in the hold as there is a risk of overheating and fire. They can be carried as hand luggage, but cannot be used on board TAP aircraft.
Authorised extra luggageVictoria Gold and Silver members have different luggage allowances when flying with TAP:
|Victoria Member||Piece Concept||Weight Concept|
|Gold (or Star Alliance Gold Members)||
1 additional piece with maximum weight according to booking class
|23 or 32 kg / 50 or 70 lb|
|Silver||1 piece up to 15 kg / 33 lb||15 kg / 33 lb|