TAP placed cookies on your computer to help improve this site. You can change your cookies definition at any time. By using this website you consent to their use.
Upgrade your TAP flight
Travel with all comfort and level of service in Business with TAP. See how you'll like it!
Spend your miles in class
No offers found
How to convert miles into an upgrade on a TAP flight
Terms and Conditions
- Upgrades cannot be combined with other awards.
- The same number of miles is required for upgrades, whether the passengers are adults or children.
- Paying for an upgrade with miles is done by segment (for example: Funchal-Lisbon: 5,000 miles + Lisbon-Rio de Janeiro: 25,000 miles).
- For requests made online, the maximum permitted for one request is a segment for four passengers.
- All conditions that applied to the fare originally paid for remain in force and changes to your booking, even after the upgrade has been made, will always be subject to these original conditions.
- The upgrade cannot be transferred. If you change your booking, the upgrade will be cancelled and you will have to make another request subject to availability on the new flight.
- In the event of rebooking or cancellation, the return of the miles used for the upgrade may be subject to a handling fee (80 euros). Gold and TAP AMEX Platinum Clients are exempt from this fee.
- Mileage requirement stated is for one segment only.
Victoria Miles will be earned according to the class initially booked.
- The seat availability varies according to the destination and time of year.
- The number of seats is limited even if flights are not fully booked.
Due to technical limitations on the TAP upgrades platform, upgrades using any brand of miles can only be made from 1 October. Until that date, upgrades using miles will continue to be made as before, only on tap|classic and tap|plus products using the Reservation Booking Designators (RBD) – Y, B, M, Q, S and H.