Passengers arriving from: Brazil, South Africa, India ou Nepal must quarantine for 14 days at their residence or other location determined by the Portuguese authorities (except if the stay in Portugal does not exceed 48h), and must present the pre-register online form available here. (Passengers travelling from the mentioned countries who do not present the form will not be allowed to travel.)
Additionally, all passengers traveling to Continental Portugal, either as a final destination, in transit or transfer, must complete this online form after checking-in for the flight.
The proof of the filled out form will need to be presented at control points.
As per the directive of the Portuguese Government, entry into Portuguese territory is only authorized for:
- Passengers on flights from countries belonging to the European Union, countries associated with the Schengen Area (Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland and Switzerland), and the United Kingdom.
- Passengers on flights from countries whose epidemiological situation is in accordance with Council Recommendation (EU) 2020/1551, of 22 October 2020.
- Passengers on flights from countries that are not members of the European Union or that are not countries associated with the Schengen Area, exclusively for essential reasons
- Passengers on repatriation or humanitarian flights organized in accordance with the law.
Essential reasons are: professional, study, family reunion, health or humanitarian reasons.
Passengers entering or transiting thru Portugal must present proof of testing for the screening of SARS-CoV-2 with a negative result, or they will be denied boarding. (including Portuguese citizens, residing in Portugal and their families):
- NAAT - Nucleic Acid Amplification Tests (RT-PCR, NEAR, TMA, LAMP, HDA, CRISPR, SDA, etc), performed within 72 hours prior to the time of departure on the 1st embarkation point,
- An antigen test (TRAg) performed within 24 hours prior to the time of departure on the 1st embarkation point.
Exceptions: Children who have not completed 24 months of age.
Additionally, to presenting a negative test, passengers that have been in Brazil, South Africa, India or Nepal for the last 14 days, must quarantine for 14 days at their residence or facility determined by the authorities (unless their stay in Portugal does not exceed 48h), and present the pre-register online form available here.
The mandatory PRC tests can only be accepted in Portuguese, French, Spanish, English and Italian. An element that must be stated is the time and date at which the test was carried out.
Acceptable formats are paper and electronic (but not mobile text messages – SMS).
NHS tests and Trace Test performed in the United Kingdom are not valid for travel.
Only antigen tests acceptable by the European Union Health Committee are accepted for travel as well as the minimum data that must be present on the test result document as set by the same entity, see here.
It is the Passengers responsibility to confirm if their test meets the requirements.
Passengers travelling from the Madeira and Azores Islands are exempted from presenting the negative covid test to enter mainland Portugal (unless transferring to other country, in which case the destination rules apply)