Baggage is carried in the hold for free on all flights except for tap|discount. If so, please be advised that you may purchase this service in the next step.
If you are traveling with checked luggage and have a connecting flight in Brazil, the United States or Canada, be sure to collect your luggage for customs control in these countries. Then follow the directions and go to the luggage transfer point.
Customer complaints at TAP Portugal are handled promptly and with competence. However, there may be different views. Therefore, TAP Portugal is a member of APF – “Agentur für Passagier- und Fahrgastrechte” (The Agency for Passenger Rights) in Austria.
Passengers travelling privately can apply for arbitration by contacting the above mentioned arbitration board if:
- The passenger flew with TAP Portugal;
- The passenger’s request is associated with the event of denied boarding, cancellation or a long delay of flights, or a baggage loss or delay, destruction or damage as well as breaches of duty regarding the transportation of disabled passengers and passengers with reduced mobility;
- The passenger has already contacted TAP Portugal with a formal request and has not received an answer within two months or
- Is not satisfied with the resolution of a request or is not in agreement with the fulfillment of a claim with TAP Portugal;
- The passenger’s request is not being processed by a national regulatory authority e.g. LBA Luftfahrtbundesamt (German federal aviation administration)
- Or hasn’t been submitted to a federal court.
The objectively independent and neutral Arbitration Board will examine the passenger’s request and make an extrajudicial proposal for a dispute resolution free of charge.
https://www.apf.gv.at | https://www.apf.gv.at/de/beschwerde-hinweise.html | https://www.apf.gv.at/de/beschwerdeformular-flug.html