Take music with you
In the cabin
The maximum cabin baggage weight is 30 kg/66,13 Ibs. The maximum size is: 155x42x25 from the floor in the cabin or 110x42x50 on the seat.
To book the transportation of musical instruments in the cabin, you must contact our Contact Center at least 72 hours before your flight to ensure the proper packaging of your musical instrument.
In certain situations, in the case of large musical instruments, you may need to book more than one extra seat. For safety reasons, this decision will be the airline’s.
View more information about an extra seat.
In the hold
You can also transport your musical instrument in the hold.
See our recommendations:
- The passenger must adequately prepare the musical instrument for the trip;
- When transporting it as checked baggage, it must be packed in a rigid container, specifically designed for the shipping of this type of baggage;
- Musical instruments can be included in the free baggage allowance, provided they are within the permitted weight and size limits;
- The packed instrument must not exceed 45 kg / 99 lbs;
- If the trip destination is, or involves a stopover in the USA, Hungary, France, United Kingdom or the Netherlands, the weight limit is 32 kg / 70 lbs;
- The maximum dimensions are 190 cm x 75 cm x 65 cm (75 in x 30 in x 26 in);
- If your musical instrument exceeds these dimensions and / or weight, it must be transported as cargo.
We recommend that you find out the weight and measurements for transport in the hold when booking or at least 24 hours before the flight.
You can do so at a TAP desk, through your travel agency, or at the Contact Centre.
This service is paid for and when charged in another currency it is converted at the bank buying rate. Check here to see the price of your baggage.
|Domestic flights||50 EUR / 64 USD / 80 CAD||55 EUR / 70 USD / 84 CAD
|Flights to Europe, Morocco, Tunisia, Israel and flights between Accra and São Tomé
||60 EUR / 77 USD / 92 CAD||65 EUR / 83 USD / 99 CAD
|Intercontinental Flights2||150 EUR / 185 USD / 235 CAD||160 EUR / 199 USD / 239 CAD
|To / from Dominican Republic
||180 EUR / 222 USD / 281 CAD||190 EUR / 236 USD / 283 CAD
|Domestic flights||100 EUR / 124 USD / 157 CAD||110 EUR / 138 USD / 165 CAD|
|Flights to Europe, Morocco, Tunisia, Israel and flights between Accra and São Tomé||110 EUR / 138 USD / 165 CAD||120 EUR / 149 USD / 188 CAD
|Intercontinental Flights2||200 EUR / 246 USD / 312 CAD||210 EUR / 257 USD / 329 CAD
|To / from Dominican Republic||240 EUR / 294 USD / 374 CAD||250 EUR / 307 USD / 389 CAD
|Domestic flights||200 EUR / 246 USD / 312 CAD||210 EUR / 257 USD / 329 CAD|
|Flights to Europe, Morocco, Tunisia, Israel and flights between Accra and São Tomé||200 EUR / 246 USD / 312 CAD||210 EUR / 257 USD / 329 CAD
|Intercontinental Flights2||300 EUR / 367 USD / 466 CAD||310 EUR / 382 USD / 484 CAD
|To / from Dominican Republic||355 EUR / 404 USD / 520 CAD||370 EUR / 457 USD / 549 CAD
1Online: Through FlytTAP and trips agencies (online or desk).
Other: You can book this service at a local counter (city or airport) or via our Contact Center, for instance.
The payment of extras using miles is only available online, when making your booking on flytap.com or though Manage Booking.