Please note that, as per the directive of the Portuguese Government (Decree Law no. 7595-A / 2020, of July 31), all passengers (including Portuguese citizens, residing in Portugal and their families) on flights from countries that are not members of the European Union or that are not countries associated with the Schengen Area must present proof of laboratory testing (RT-PCR) for the screening of SARS-CoV-2, with a negative result, performed within 72 hours prior to the time of departure, or they will be denied boarding. Confirm full information here.
Use of a face mask is mandatory on board all TAP flights. Therefore, all our passengers, aged over 6, must be equipped with one and guarantee that it is used during the entire duration of the journey.
Today our focus is on uniting everyone's efforts to combat COVID 19 and, at the same time, ensure that air travel remains safe. Together we managed to regain confidence in traveling. This is our commitment.
Recommendations and small actions acknowledged as the most effective on a daily basis:
- When arriving at the airport, follow the signs and instructions rigorously.
- Wear a face mask for the duration of your trip - see video.
- If you need to dispose of masks and tissues, do so only in the places indicated.
- Respect respiratory etiquette, cover your face with your elbow when sneezing or coughing, or use a disposable tissue.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use a disinfectant wipe or solution - see video.
- During the flight, stay in your seat whenever possible.
- If you are sick, are coughing, suffering from headaches or have difficulty breathing, seek medical advice, avoid contact with other people and do not travel.
- Handle your own hand luggage and personal items.
- Reduce the use of individual air conditioning as much as possible.
- On board our planes, avoid queuing for the lavatories.
- Pay careful attention to the safety instructions in order to know the specific rules for your flight.
- If you feel sick during the flight, inform the crew immediately and seek medical assistance as soon as possible.