Covid test to travel to Portugal
All TAP passengers (including Portuguese citizens and residents of Portugal) on flights from countries that are not part of the European Union, or that are not countries associated with the Schengen Area or from the United Kingdom or Canada, must present proof of RT-PCR testing for COVID-19, with a negative result, performed within 72 hours prior to the time of departure, or they will be denied boarding.
For example, the United Stated of America and Brazil.
Full information and exceptions here.
Use of a face mask is mandatory on board all TAP flights. Therefore, all our passengers, aged over 6, must be equipped with one and guarantee that it is used during the entire duration of the journey.
We recommend the use of a surgical mask, which has been proven to offer greater protection and is even mandatory in some countries.
Check your destination's travel restrictions and entry requirements here.
The use of a face mask will only be exempted for passengers who are proven to have health problems that cannot use it. In these cases, prior to the flight and in order to travel, the passenger must have a medical authorization (MEDIF). Otherwise, boarding will be denied.
Since the emergence of the Covid-19 outbreak, it has become clear to the entire team that nothing is more critical than the health and safety of our workers and all of our Clients. That is why it is important to update and share all the work done and the measures that we have been implementing, in line with the EASA, IATA, DGS and UCS guidelines , to ensure your health and safety when traveling with us.
Today our focus is on uniting everyone's efforts to combat Covid 19 and, at the same time, ensure that air travel remains safe. Together we can manage to regain travellers’ confidence. This is our commitment.
This is our commitment, based on the health and hygiene standards adopted by Star Alliance, of which TAP is a member.
Recommendations and small actions acknowledged as the most effective on a daily basis:
- When arriving at the airport, follow the signs and instructions rigorously.
- Wear a face mask for the duration of your trip - see video.
- We recommend the use of a surgical mask, which has been proven to offer greater protection and is even mandatory in some countries. Check your destination's travel restrictions and entry requirements here.
- If you need to dispose of masks and tissues, do so only in the places indicated.
- Respect respiratory etiquette, cover your face with your elbow when sneezing or coughing, or use a disposable tissue.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use a disinfectant wipe or solution - see video.
- During the flight, stay in your seat whenever possible.
- If you are sick, are coughing, suffering from headaches or have difficulty breathing, seek medical advice, avoid contact with other people and do not travel.
- Handle your own hand luggage and personal items.
- Reduce the use of individual air conditioning as much as possible.
- On board our planes, avoid queuing for the lavatories.
- Pay careful attention to the safety instructions in order to know the specific rules for your flight.
- If you feel sick during the flight, inform the crew immediately and seek medical assistance as soon as possible.