Upgrade with Star Alliance
Star Alliance is the first airline alliance to offer upgrade awards across its network. Instead of just upgrading on an individual airline basis, you can do it across a global airline network!
Book your paid flight through any participating Star Alliance partner. After your ticket has been issued, book your Star Alliance partner airline upgrade online.
|Airlines||Booking windows *|
|Asiana Airlines||Departure day only|
|ANA||Maximum 56 days before departure|
|Lufthansa||Minimum 3 hours and maximum 340 days before departure|
|SWISS||Minimum 3 hours and maximum 340 days before departure|
Air New Zealand
|Up to 24 hours before departure|
Am I eligible for a Star Alliance Upgrade?
|Airlines||Upgrade from Economy to Business||Upgrade from Economy to First**||Upgrade from Business to First|
|Air China||-||C, D|
|Air India||-||C, D|
|Air New Zealand||-||-|
|Asiana Airlines||-||C, D|
|Shenzhen Airlines||Y, B||-|
|Thai Airlines||-||C, D|
|United Airlines||Y, B||C, D|
Terms and conditions
- Upgrades are only available in certain booking classes and may vary by carrier.
- US Airways' partnership has ended on 16 January 2015.
- Upgrades cannot be combined with other awards.
- The same number of miles is required for upgrades, whether the passengers are adults or children.
- Same conditions as original ticket apply. You collect Status Miles based on the original ticket.
- Mileage requirement stated is per flight segment.
- For cancellation and rebooking please contact the operating carrier directly.
- The seat availability varies according to the destination and time of year. The number of seats is limited even if flights are not fully booked. These awards may not be available on all flights. Please contact your TAP Miles&Go Service Centre.
- Scandinavian does not allow Star Alliance Upgrade Awards on domestic or European flights.