Preparing to travel
At Lisbon Airport, there are dedicated special assistance desks in the Terminal 1 Departures area.
If you wish to travel with a service animal, please check the conditions here.
How to book?
This service must be booked at least 48 hours before departure. Otherwise, we cannot guarantee the provision of the service.
Find out more about online check-in here.
How is the assistance provided?
When you arrive at the airport go to the check-in counter to begin the trip formalities. The assistance process begins there. From there, your entire journey is accompanied by a professional.
If you are a TAP/Star Alliance Gold member or are travelling in Executive Class, use our check-in services in the Premium area.
We recommend that you arrive early enough:
- Your seat location in the aircraft (proximity to doors and emergency exits, toilets, etc.).
- Where to find the call buttons and the entertainment system.
- The location of the oxygen mask and how to use it.
- The description of what is on your tray at meal time.
- Help to get to the toilet. However, no assistance whatsoever is provided inside the toilet.
The safety instructions are available in Braille. In our newer aircraft you will also find other useful information, such as the number of seats and instructions on how to use the toilet.
Legislation for Passengers with Disabilities
See Regulation 1107/2006 (PDF, 0.1MB, EN) – Rights of Disabled Persons and Persons with Reduced Mobility when Travelling by Air.
All you need to know about travelling safely.
We advise our passengers with a specific clinical situation what they should do before and during their trip.
We carry your pets safely.