Baggage is carried in the hold for free on all flights except for tap|discount. If so, please be advised that you may purchase this service in the next step.
If you are traveling with checked luggage and have a connecting flight in Brazil, the United States or Canada, be sure to collect your luggage for customs control in these countries. Then follow the directions and go to the luggage transfer point.
- The TAP Gift Card is valid for 12 months (365 days) from the date of issue. The trip can be taken in the 12 months following the date of booking, provided the gift card is redeemed within the period of validity.
- The TAP Gift Cards are issued in denominations of €25, €50, €75 and €150.
- TAP Gift Cards may be purchased through flytap.com or by TAP Contact Center.
- The TAP Gift Cards may be redeemed at the TAP Contact Center, any TAP store in Portugal, authorised travel agents and online.
- They are not refundable and if the full amount is not redeemed the remaining balance is lost.
- The validity of the TAP Gift Cards cannot be extended.
- It is not possible to alter the data (passenger name) of any booking paid with a TAP Gift Card.
- Up to 2 TAP Gift Cards may be used for the same purchase except online, where it can only be used 1. If the ticket price exceeds the value of the TAP Gift Card(s), the difference must be paid by credit/debit card/ATM.
- You can use the TAP Gift Card on flights operated by TAP and TAP Express, including the fare, taxes and any associated surcharges.
- The TAP Gift Card is valid on the purchase of new trips (fare and fees) or for the payment of services.