Get ready to fly!
The boarding pass is useful from the moment you arrive at the airport until you board the plane, as it contains the following information:
- Flight departure time and the terminal to which you should go;
- The gate1 and boarding area (Premium, A, B or C);
- Your seat onboard and the Class in which you will be flying.
On the aircraft, all the smaller personal accessories you carry with you, such as a ladies’ handbag or a personal computer, must be placed under the seat in front. This will ensure you will have all you need with you and will free up space for larger items in the overhead bins.
Passengers with Top Executive and Executive, and TAP Miles&Go Gold and Silver Clients will continue to have access to their own priority boarding area: Premium Boarding.
The boarding sequence is as follows:
- Families with small children (less than 2 years old) and passengers with special needs;
- Premium Boarding Clients (who can board whenever they want);
- Boarding of passengers from zone A and, sequentially, from zones B and C.
Don't be late. To guarantee the punctuality of your flight, we close the boarding gates 30 minutes before the departure time. Please make sure you are at the boarding gate before this time.
Board Your Economy Class flight via Zone A
Preferred Boarding is a service that allows you to be one of the first passengers to arrive on the plane and have more time to accommodate your hand baggage. You can add Preferential Boarding to your Economy Class flight (Discount, Basic, Classic and Plus fares) and board the plane via zone A, immediately after Premium passengers.
To take advantage of Preferred Boarding, you must reach the boarding gate before the beginning of the boarding process, so that TAP can offer you this service.
- Available for Clients flying in Economy Class.
- Board the plane in Zone A, after Premium Clients.
- Available on all flights, except flights from Lisbon to the United States and from Heathrow Airport (LHR) to Lisbon.
- The Client must reach the boarding gate before the boarding process begins; otherwise, TAP will not be able to guarantee the service.
- The amount is charged per flight segment/passenger.
- Available for purchase in the usual channels, except at the boarding gate.
- If you book the service after the boarding pass is issued, you will need to reissue it.
- By purchasing this service, you are not booking the luggage compartment above the seat.
- This service does not offer more hand baggage allowance than the one the Client is entitled to.
- In cases where transport is made by bus, boarding priority is not guaranteed.
- TAP may suspend this boarding method at any time, for security and other reasons.
- Non-refundable service. Unless you purchase an Executive Class fare, which already includes this service.
- Not endorsable.
- Subject to availability.
- This service is only available on flights operated by TAP or on its behalf. (Except for ATR aircraft).
Settle in on board swiftly and conveniently, on TAP flights departing from Lisbon, and make use of:
- An exclusive area at the departure gate (depending on airport);
- Boarding at a chosen time;
- Exclusive buses (available only on long-haul flights when boarding is not possible by airbridge).
Note: The Premium Boarding service is not available on the Ponte Aérea.
|TAP Miles&Go Gold||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Star Alliance Gold card||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|TAP Miles&Go Silver||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
TAP informs its Passengers that the time necessary for the control of documentation at Portuguese airports, under the responsibility of the Immigration and Borders Service (SEF), can be over 30 minutes.
In order to avoid delays in flights or even non-attendance, TAP advises all Passengers with intercontinental and non-Schengen flights to check the waiting time at the SEF and to plan in advance the arrival at the counters of this service.
It is recommended that Passengers preferably use automatic control machines if they carry electronic identity documents.
Learn about the features and advantages of TAP fares and choose the one that best suits your profile or trip.
Browse the check-in times of the various airports.
Learn more about the Fast Track and TSA PreCheck services and get security check priority.