In accordance with the amendment to Israeli Aviation Services Law and due to decrease in our revenues, refunds will be processed within the time frame stipulated by the amendment, which is 90 day as of the date of the cancelled flight or until 1 October 2020 (whichever is the latest).
Due to the current situation of Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have simplified our change and cancellation conditions. Please verify all information here.
Refunds for cancelled transactions on the website are only valid for tickets that have not been fully used. When a ticket has been partially used (for example, if the passenger has used the outward portion of a return ticket), the client must contact the company from which they purchased the ticket
The cancellation will be applied automatically to all passengers on the booking. You will need to contact the company from which you purchased your tickets should you wish to cancel only some of the passengers on the booking.
Cancellation rules apply to all flights and services on the booking. You will need to contact the company from which you purchased your tickets should you not agree.
Refunds will be made to the credit card used when making the booking within 14 working days, in compliance with current law.
The following conditions must be met before you can cancel your booking:
- The ticket must have been purchased by telephone or online.
- The cancellation must be made within a period of 14 working days of purchase (or from the moment you receive confirmation of purchase) and no fewer than 7 working days before the flight.
- Ticket cancellation can be requested up to 4 months after the date of purchase in the circumstances described below, as long as the request is not made during the 7 working days before the flight and only where there is a record of written correspondence between TAP and the client:
- New immigrants (citizens residing in Israel for a period of 5 years and who have an immigration visa or certificate of eligibility);
- Senior citizens (65 years and over);
- People with reduced mobility (and their companions).
In the event of a valid cancellation refund being paid, there will be a cancellation charge of 5% or NIS100, whichever is lower.
Unless it is absolutely necessary, we will not deny boarding to Unaccompanied Minors or persons with reduced mobility (or the companions of persons with reduced mobility).
If you are denied boarding, you are entitled to benefits, provided that:
- Your flight is scheduled to depart from or arrive at an airport in Israel.
- You have a confirmed booking on the flight.
- You have met the current check-in deadlines.
- You are not travelling without having paid the fair, or if you are travelling at a reduced rate that is not directly or indirectly available to the public.*
- You are not denied boarding as a result of our conditions of carriage or on other reasonable grounds.
- Receive a refund of the fare paid for the unused portion of your ticket and for the used portions if, as a result of boarding, the flight is no longer suitable for your original travel plans. If appropriate, we can take you to the place of departure on the first available flight.
- Be offered a place on the first flight with availability to your final destination / contracted airport (or another airport that serves the same city or region with transportation to the final destination airport).
- Change the date of your flight to a later date on a flight to your final destination / contracted airport (or another airport that serves the same city or region with transportation to the final destination airport).
- Meals and drinks sufficient for the waiting time.
- Two telephone calls and access to a free fax machine or email (or a refund on production of receipts).
- Hotel accommodation and transport between the hotel and airport should your travel be delayed for one or more nights.
There will be no additional charge for this assistance.
|Up to 2,000km
||Up to 4 hours after scheduled arrival||640 NIS|
|More than 4 hours after scheduled arrival||1280 NIS|
|Up to 4,500km
||Up to 5 hours after scheduled arrival||1025 NIS|
|More than 5 hours after scheduled arrival||2050 NIS|
|More than 4,500km
||Up to 6 hours after scheduled arrival||1540 NIS|
|More than 6 hours after scheduled arrival||3080 NIS|
Such circumstances include: political instability, bad weather, lack of security, flight safety problems, strikes at airports affecting operations or flights cancelled to prevent desecration of the Sabbath or of a Jewish holiday.
If you do not receive notice at least two weeks before the date the flight is scheduled, you may receive compensation from TAP, if:
- You were notified of the cancellation between two weeks and seven days before the flight is scheduled and you are offered the chance to rebook on another flight scheduled to depart no more than two hours before your cancelled flight and which is due to arrive at least 4 hours before the scheduled arrival of the cancelled flight.
- You were notified of the cancellation less than 7 days before the flight is scheduled and you are offered the chance to rebook on another flight scheduled to depart no more than one hour before your cancelled flight and which is due to arrive at least two hours before the scheduled arrival of the cancelled flight.