The longest ever trip
Imagine using only your miles to travel around the world's 40,075 km circumference!
Together with our Star Alliance partners, we connect continents in a simple and convenient way for our travelers. Round the world tickets are available in Business Class, Economy Class and on Star Alliance scheduled flights only.
How many miles you need to go round the world?
Book and fly
You can book your trip around the world in two different ways: through the TAP Miles&Go program or through the Star Alliance partners.
- Single ticket valid on all Star Alliance member airlines in Economy or Business Class
- The trip must end in the country of origin
- The trip can be done heading West or East, but always heading the same direction
- A maximum of 6 stops longer than 24 hours are allowed
- The route must include a crossing of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans
- The route cannot have more than 10 flights
- The round the world ticket is valid for one year from the date of issue
- Round the world tickets are available in Business Class and Economy Class only on scheduled flights operated by Star Alliance.
- 250,000 miles will be charged in Economy Class and 350,000 miles in Business Class.
- If flights in different Classes are booked, the number of miles corresponding to the highest Class booked will be charged.
- The miles corresponding to the award are debited from your account at the time of booking confirmation.
- The route may not have more than 10 flights.
- Open-jaws and a maximum of 6 stops longer than 24 hours are permitted.
- The route shall include the crossing of the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific Ocean.
- The trip must end in the country of origin.
- The trip can be made in a westerly or easterly direction, but continuously in the same direction, without the possibility of reversing the direction.
- As with all miles tickets, the number of seats is limited, even on flights that are not fully booked.
- Once the ticket has been purchased, passengers can only change the flight dates. They cannot change the route, Class or airline operating the flight.
- The ticket is valid for one year from the date of issue.
- The ticket may not be cancelled after the start of the journey.