How it works
Trying Plusgrade is easy and simple
- When you reserve your ticket, you will receive an email offering you the opportunity to purchase an upgrade.
- Follow the steps and enter the information requested.
- Enter the amount you want to bid to fly in tap|executive.
- You must enter your bid, using credit card or TAP Miles&Go miles*, at least 36 hours before the flight.
- If your bid is accepted, payment will be taken automatically from the credit card, or your TAP Miles&Go account, you registered with the auction and a confirmation of the transaction will be sent to you by email;
- If your bid is not approved, you will pay nothing and keep your original ticket.
If you prefer, you can also enter your flight information on this page and see if your flight is eligible or not.
*When making your bid, you should take the following conditions into account:
1) If the booking has more than one passenger, the debit of miles or the payment by credit card, will be processed in the account of the one to whom the email is directed. If the upgrade process is started manually, the client will be the one who is identified at that time to whom the miles debit will be made;
2) The miles used as a method of payment are non-refundable.
3) To complete the bid with TAP Miles&Go miles, make sure your account has enough miles; otherwise your bid will not be accepted.
4) Plusgrade is not applicable to group bookings, trips with babies and in some special services.
Note: If you have a booking code that corresponds to the airline tickets of more than one passenger and want to make an individual bid, please contact TAP Air Portugal so your booking can be split. If a travel agent made your booking, they will separate it.
View all the Terms and Conditions of this feature here (PDF, 100KB, EN).
Prepare for your next trip now
Check here to find the routes where Plusgrade is available.
- Payment will be made in the currency of the market, converted at the bankers selling rate (BSR), with the exception of US and CA that due DOT/CTA rules will have fixed prices in local currency.
- The upgrade depends on seat availability and always applies for each leg of the flight.
Upgrade with SeatBoost!
Don't miss the opportunity to live the best Economy Class experience with SeatBoost auctions. Travel with more space for your legs, a dedicated luggage compartment, among other benefits.
Grab the last seats in Executive Class and participate in an auction that is almost like a game! Make your trip unique with top quality cuisine, comfort and entertainment.
How does it work?
When you open the TAP App or the SeatBoost app, you will be able to check if your flight is eligible for the EconomyXtra or Executive Class Upgrade auction, and choose the auction you want to participate in.
Check the minimum initial amount to bid, and bid using your credit card. Check your position in the auction and use the paddles to continue bidding.
If you are the winner, you will receive a message right after the auction - which ends 62 minutes before the flight for Executive Class and 58 minutes before the flight for EconomyXtra - with your new boarding pass in EconomyXtra or Executive Class. The payment is automatically charged to your credit card.
2If you do not win the auction, you will not be charged any additional costs and will keep your original boarding pass.
Get started now!
- The upgrade depends on seat availability and always applies for each flight segment. Availability is determined at the end of each auction.
- There is a separate auction for each flight segment.
- Eligibility restrictions may apply.
- Some services are excluded from this upgrade.
- The payment will be made in EUR at airports located in Europe, Morocco and Tunisia. For the rest of the world it will be in USD.
- SeatBoost auctions end approximately 60 minutes before departure, when the best upgrade offers are made available, if any.
- Auctions take place in real time and live, via the SeatBoost mobile app.
- You can see where you stand during the auction and decide how much to bid.
- You can make as few or as many bids as you would like.
- Priority Boarding (due to the pandemic situation there may be changes in boarding).
- All on-board benefits and, according to the available seat upgrade on your flight: greater comfort, more space, meals and drinks, entertainment, among others, varying according to the class of the new fare obtained - Executive Class or EconomyXtra.
However, we are not able to include certain services that have to be determined with more time in advance, like extra baggage, special meal orders, etc.
However, if the offer that you submit is not accepted, bidding with SeatBoost will give you another opportunity to get upgraded.
- Are traveling with a group.
- Are traveling with a child or infant.
- Require any type of special accommodation, including a special meal or special seating.