Get ready! Your journey starts here.
Follow our advice and enjoy your flight to the fullest.
Give some thought to your seat
- If you’re travelling Economy, choose a window seat, where you’ll get more rest;
- If you’re going to need to use the WC frequently, choose an aisle seat to make it easier to get there;
- The rear seats are in busy areas where you will feel turbulence more;
- There is more legroom by the emergency exits;
- Find out about seats on our planes.
Wear comfortable clothes
- We recommend loose trousers, soft footwear and a pair of sandals and socks, even if you’re travelling to a warm destination, as it is always cooler on the plane;
- Choose fabrics such as cotton, wool or silk, which won’t restrict your movement.
Essential tips on sleeping well
- Bring a sleep mask and earplugs for greater comfort. Bring an inflatable cushion that adapts to your neck;
- If you’re travelling in Executive Class, you don’t need to worry. We have a kit just for you.
Basic toiletry kit
- Bring a toothbrush, mini toothpaste and wet wipes for your comfort and hygiene;
- Don’t forget the rules on liquids (transparent bags and containers of no more than 100ml).
Avoid drinking coffee or alcohol
- Alcohol increases dehydration (avoid on the day before the flight too);
- Coffee is a stimulant that also contributes to dehydration and irritability
Charge your electronic devices
- Install entertainment on your devices for the flight. Rest your eyes by reading a book;
- Alternatively, you can leave your entertainment to TAP, which has video and audio on demand, offering series, films, etc.;
- Look at this month’s highlights here.
Adjust your watch
- Adjust your watch to local time at your destination. This will give you an idea about adjusting; your sleep patterns so that you can avoid jet lag when you arrive.
Make sure you stay hydrated
- The cabin air is cold and dry, at less than 20% humidity, so we recommend that you drink plenty of fluids, such as water and fruit juice to avoid dehydration.
Snacks and meals
- Bring healthy snacks such as protein bars with you in case you get hungry between meals;
- Don’t eat too much at mealtimes, as digestion is more difficult in the air. Whenever possible choose hot food, as it is easier to digest.
Sleeping throughout the flight
- If you plan to sleep for the whole flight, please inform the flight attendant before takeoff so that you won’t be disturbed. Ask to be woken up when the flight is nearly there.
Plan to wake up 30 minutes before landing
- You need this time to wake up properly, get your things together and decompress your ears before landing.
Do exercises while sitting during the flight, as this prevents muscle and bone pain and cramps. These exercises will help relax body and mind.
Exercises while sitting
|Legs and feet||Torso and arms|
|Raising your knees - put your hands on the armrests for support and raise your legs. Hold the position for 30 seconds and repeat 3 to 5 times.
Raising your feet, toes and heels - raise your toes with your heels on the floor. Do the opposite for your heels - put the tips of your toes on the floor and lift your heels. Hold these positions for 30 seconds and repeat 3 to 5 times.
Walking while sitting - while in your seat, slowly raise and lower your legs for 40 seconds as if you were walking.
Calf rotation - raise your foot, bend your toes forward and make circular motions with your foot to exercise your calf muscles. Do the exercise for 40 seconds and repeat 3 to 5 times.
Knees to chest - place your arms on your knees and raise your torso. First do the exercise with your legs together and then one leg at a time in series of 10 (10 times for each leg and 10 with your legs together).
|Arm stretches - lean forward and put your hands on your ankles. Repeat the exercise slowly 5 times.
Body stretches - curve your torso back while leaning your shoulders forward and vice-versa. Repeat the exercise 3 to 5 times.
Shoulder rotations - rotate your shoulders forwards and backwards. Repeat 5 times.
Neck rotations - relax and bend your head to the left and right and forwards and backwards. Do the exercise for 30 seconds and repeat 3 times.
Make this trip an adventure for the kids too! Take our advice and you’ll see that the time just flies by.
- Reassure your children and prepare them for the flight;
- If possible, choose a night flight so that they sleep the whole way;
- Be among the first to board so that you can get settled in;
- Make sure you take their favourite toys;
- Try telling them a story to relax them;
- Find out more about flying with children here.
Travel with everything you need on TAP.
Indulge in meals produced using quality, tasty and fresh products.
Fall in love with a romantic movie, relax with your favorite music or dream with the paradisaical places you'll find on our on-board TV shows.