What you can take in the cabin
Maximum sizes and weights for hand baggage
Maximum size of height x length x width of hand luggage, regardless of the destination.
Maximum weight of hand baggage in Economy and Executive classes to all destinations, except Venezuela and Brazil.
Maximum weight of hand baggage, in Economy Class, for the destinations: Venezuela and Brazil.
What is a personal item?
- Bags: Handbag, computer case or shoulder bag measuring no more than: 40x30x15cm / 16x12x5in.
- Duty Free Shop Bag: A bag with up to 2 bottles of alcoholic beverages, or other items (provided they do not exceed the maximum indicated weight).
- Walking aids: Mobility equipment such as wheelchairs, walking sticks, etc.
- Medical devices: upon prescription/prior approval.
Where to store hand baggage
Whenever possible, store your hand baggage should be placed under the seat in front of you.
If your hand baggage is too large or if you are seated in the emergency row or the first row in the cabin, hand baggage should be stored in the overhead lockers.
Security Control precautions
- Liquids: Put all liquids in individual containers of up to 100ml in a transparent bag of up to 1l.
- Electronic devices: Remove computers, cameras, tablets, mobile phones and so on from your bags.
- Metal objects: Remove all metal items, such as earrings, pins, keys, watches, coins, etc. from your body and pockets.
- Clothes and footwear: Take off your jacket, belt and shoes to avoid having to go through the X-ray more than once.
Do you need to carry special baggage in the cabin?
Charges for excess hand baggage
- From 70 EUR – On domestic and European flights or flights to Morocco.
- From 85 EUR / 106 USD / 134 CAD – On intercontinental flights.
Payment is made only by credit card at the boarding gate.
Flights to Brazil
If you are travelling to Brazil and intend to take food and/or animal and vegetable products with you, read the Passenger Guide (PDF, 0.1, PT) to see the rules.
Traveling from Berlin
For flights departing from Berlin, and as per measures imposed by airport security, passengers should only transport one piece of hand luggage and any remaining luggage should be checked in. Prior to arriving at security control, passengers should store all the contents of their pockets within their jacket or the hand luggage, and larger electronic items (laptops, tablets and medical devices) as well as the bag for carrying liquids should be taken out of hand luggage for security verification."