Offering the best for our youngest passengers
Learn how to prepare for your children's trip, what you can bring on board, and how we can help you. Follow our recommendations and indications and enjoy a good trip with your baby or child.
- When booking a flight, each adult can only take one child aged between 2 and 11 years old and one infant aged less than 2 years old or only one infant aged less than 2 years old;
- When traveling with a baby, in any TAP product, you can carry items that are essential for use during the flight as hand baggage, according to its duration;
- The hold and cabin baggage allowances for children (aged 2-11 years) is the same as that for adults. If you are travelling with a child aged between 2 and 5 years, you can still carry your buggy (fully folded) or child seat, when used in flight, completely free of charge;
- The hold baggage for children under the age of two is one 10Kg item and the sum of the 3 dimensions shall not exceed 115cm / 45in (when travelling on Basic, Classic, Plus, Executive or Top Executive) in addition to a folded buggy, child seat or basket. If travelling on Discount, you can only carry a folded buggy, child seat or basket. Find out more information about hold baggage here;
- We do not recommend travelling with babies during the first seven days after birth. In an emergency situation, please contact us so our medical services can assess the situation.
- On long-haul flights, choose an overnight trip so that children sleep during the flight.
- Take their favourite blanket or teddy on board so they feel more comfortable.
- Bring toys to entertain them during the trip.
- Walk with the children around the airport, while waiting to board.
- Be among the first to board the aircraft so it is easier to get settled in.
Indulge in meals produced using quality, tasty and fresh products.
Fall in love with a romantic movie, relax with your favorite music or dream with the paradisaical places you'll find on our on-board TV shows.
TAP offers appropriate solutions for cases in which passengers require medical assistance.