Rail & Fly Germany
Thanks to this partnership, our passengers can travel between all the train stations operated by Deutsche Bahn in Germany (but also in Basel and Salzburg) and between all the airports served by the TAP network in this country. They can also travel between the airports of Amsterdam (AMS), Zurich (ZRH), and Brussels (BRU) - the latter will be available shortly.
Purchasing the ticket and conditions of use
The Rail&Fly service is valid for all trains on the Deutsche Bahn network and selected routes in the case of the TGV and Railjets networks. If the flight is booked in Executive class, the train trip is in first class, if the flight is booked in Economy Class, the train trip is in second class. The train trip can be booked through your travel agency or TAP's Contact Centre at the same time you book your plane ticket.
- Travel booking without a specific rail connection - this means that the schedule on the day of the trip can be freely selected between all DB trains.
- From / to each of the more than 5,600 DB train stations.
- To/from any airport in Germany where TAP operates, as well as to/from the airports of Amsterdam, Zurich and Brussels (coming soon).
- Valid on the usual route in the direction of the destination station. Detours due to the timetable are permitted.
- Valid on the day before departure and on the day of departure, as well as on the day of return and the day after.
Check-in Process with Deutsche Bahn:
The check-in is mandatory and is available 72 hours before departure, to check-in just go to www.rail-checkin.com and follow these steps:
- Enter your flight name and filekey or your ticket number.
- You can add up to 4 passengers that are part of the same plane booking and that want exactly the same rail connection for the whole trip.
- Select the appropriate railway link.
- Review and confirm passengers and the desired railway connection.
- The ticket will be sent to your email or you can download it.
Keep this ticket, it (together with your identity document and airline ticket) must be presented on board the train when requested.
- Tickets are valid for the day before departure, the day of departure, the day of arrival and the following day. However, you must inform TAP when making your reservation if you are going to use the ticket for travel the day before departure.
- See all the terms and conditions here.
The train schedules indicated in the booking are fictitious.
The most convenient actual time can be chosen in the train at the time of check-in.
To avoid the loss of a connecting flight, we recommend that the arrival at the airport by train with Deutsche Bahn be made at least 2 hours in advance of the flight time.