COVID-19 TAP Miles&Go protective measures for 2022
Implemented Measures for 2022
Additional exceptional measures: On January 2023, a count of status miles / TAP flights will be assessed from your activity from January to December 2022. If you meet the minimum requirements during this qualification period, your status will be protected until your next personal status review 2 date in 2023. To track this exceptional counting measure, please consult the special counter that will be available in your Client Area on FlyTAP, from January 2022 onwards.
- If you achieve the requirements for status renewal according to your individual qualification period, you will extend your status in accordance with the normal rules in force.
- If you do not achieve the requirements for status renewal according to your individual qualification period, the accumulation of Status Miles or TAP flights from January to December 2022, will be assessed and, if you meet the usual minimum qualification conditions, your status will be protected until your next status review in 2023.
Example: the annual period for qualification of a given Client ends in April 2022. On April 30th 2022, the Status Miles / TAP flights will be assessed according to your activity from May 1st, 2021, to April 30th, 2022.
- If you meet the normal qualification conditions, you will have the status renewed until April 30th of 2023.
- If you do not fulfil the normal qualifying conditions, we are pleased to grant you an extended status protection until December 31st, 2022. On January 2023, a count of Status Miles / TAP flights will be assessed from your activity from January to December 2022. If you meet the requirements to maintain status during this exceptional period, then you will have your status extended until April 30th, 2023 (that is until the end of your current Personal status review).
2 Exceptional counting: count of Status Miles and TAP segments from January 1st, 2022, to December 31st, 2022.
Personal Status review is calculated based on the month in which the account was created.
If you have bonus miles expiring between January and March 2022 you can extend them for 12 additional months by meeting one of the following criteria:
- Have flown with TAP 1 during your current annual accrual period.
- Hold a TAP Miles&Go Club (Extra, Top or Platinum membership) 2.
Miles expiry date will be delayed by 12 months. This measure is only valid for miles expiring between January 1st and March 31st of 2022.
2 Valid for TAP Miles&Go Extra, Top or Platinum Club Members only.
Implemented Measures for 2021
2 Valid for TAP Miles&Go Extra, Top or Platinum Club Members only. Club TAP Miles&Go Basic holders, with an active club from 1 August, are excluded from this offer.
We want to continue to be worthy of your trust and we are convinced that we will soon restore our operation, always with a focus on providing the best experience to our Clients.
Thank you for being our Clients!
Frequently Asked Questions
For example: a Client’s PMY ends on 31 January 2022 and, on that date, their Status Miles and TAP segment balance is insufficient to maintain their status. In this scenario, the Client would lose their status on 1 February 2022; however, under the special Miles&Go measures for 2022, their status will be protected and confirmed until 31 December 2022. If on 1 January 2023 the Client does not have sufficient Status Miles or TAP segment balance, they will lose their status. If they reach the goal, their status will be confirmed until 31 January 2023.
For example: a Client with an annual accrual period ending on 31 March 2023 has reached their target on 31 December and has therefore confirmed their status. On 1 January 2023 their card and status will be valid until 31 March 2023. On 1 April 2023 the status will be renewed for a further year, provided the Client has met the requirements for maintaining their status between 1 April 2022 and 31 March 2023. Otherwise, they will lose their status.