Check the transportation conditions in the cabin and hold and take the musical instruments according to their sizes. Arrive at your destination and set your adventure to music.
Musical Instruments - Transport conditions
Take music with you
In the cabin
To travel with the musical instrument at your side in the aircraft cabin, you should book an extra seat that will accommodate the instrument.
The maximum weight allowed for transportation in the cabin is 75kg / 165 lbs.
In certain situations, in the case of large musical instruments, you may need to book more than one extra seat. For safety reasons, this decision will be the airline’s.
View more information about an extra seat.
In the hold
You can also transport your musical instrument in the hold.
See our recommendations:
- The passenger must adequately prepare the musical instrument for the trip;
- When transporting it as checked baggage, it must be packed in a rigid container, specifically designed for the shipping of this type of baggage;
- Musical instruments can be included in the free baggage allowance, provided they are within the permitted weight and size limits;
- The packed instrument must not exceed 45 kg / 99 lbs;
- If the trip destination is, or involves a stopover in the USA, Hungary, France, United Kingdom or the Netherlands, the weight limit is 32 kg / 70 lbs;
- The maximum dimensions are 190 cm x 75 cm x 65 cm (75 in x 30 in x 26 in);
- If your musical instrument exceeds these dimensions and / or weight, it must be transported as cargo.
We recommend that you find out the weight and measurements for transport in the hold when booking or at least 24 hours before the flight.
You can do so at a TAP desk, through your travel agency, or at the Contact Centre.
This service is paid for and when charged in another currency it is converted at the bank buying rate. Check here to see the price of your baggage.
|Weight||Up to 23 kg / 50 lbs||23 kg / 50 lbs to 32 kg / 70 lbs||32 kg / 70 lbs to 45 kg / 99 lbs|
|Domestic flights, flights to Europe, Morocco and Algeria||€ 50||€ 100||€ 200|
|Intercontinental Flights||€ 150||€ 200||€ 300|