Adega José de Sousa
30% discount on wine tasting tours and 10% discount on tastings with a food experience.
In the very heart of Reguengos de Monsaraz, you can enjoy a tour of the José de Sousa Winery, which produces Alentejo wine for brands such as José de Sousa, José de Sousa Mayor, and the flagship J de José de Sousa, as well as Montado, Puro Talha, and Monte da Ribeira.
There is no other winery like this in the world, and it is also one of Alentejo's oldest and most traditional wineries. Established in 1878, it boasts an exceptional collection of 114 "talhas" (clay amphorae), some of which are still used to produce the winery's famous amphora wine.
If you are looking for wine tourism programs in Alentejo, this is a highly recommended option for the unique opportunity to taste amphora wine.
- Wine tasting – guided tour with tasting of 3 D. Julieta wines.
- Amphora wine tasting – guided tour with tasting of 3 Amphora wines.
- Tour and Snacks at the Cellar – guided tour and snacks at the cellar.
- Amphora Wine Experience – guided tour, tasting of 4 premium wines (José de Sousa Mayor, José de Sousa Reserva, Puro Talha White, and Puro Talha Red) and traditional local snacks (cheese, sausages, olive oil and Alentejo bread).
- Tasting of 3 Premium wines – guided tour and tasting of 3 José de Sousa wines.
- Family Program – guided tour and family program.
- Tasting of 3 wines and traditional local products – guided tour, tasting of 3 wines, and tasting of traditional local products - for 2 people.
For more information about these services and other options - such as tastings of specific wines and products, or programs on special dates - please contact our partner. Please note that only some offers include amphora wine tastings.
- Wine tasting – €17 per person (€11.90 with Stopover discount of 30%).
- Amphora wine tasting – €45 per person (€31.50 with Stopover discount of 30%).
- Tour and Snacks at the Cellar – €45 per person (€40.50 with Stopover discount of 10%).
- Amphora Wine Experience – €60 per person (€54 with Stopover discount of 10%).
- Tasting of 3 Premium wines – €25 per person (€17.50 with Stopover discount of 30%).
- Family Program – €42 per person (€37.80 with Stopover discount of 10%).
- Tasting of 3 wines and traditional local products – €23 per person (€20.70 with Stopover discount of 10%).
To check the menu and the prices of other options, please contact our partner. The prices for the various options include a guided tour. Prices are inclusive of 23% VAT and are effective from January 1st, 2024, until December 31st, 2024.
- From 60 minutes onward.
- Summer (April to October):
- 10 am - 7 pm (shop opening hours);
- 11 am, 3 pm and 5 pm (tour times).
- Winter (November to March):
- 10 am - 5:30 pm (shop opening hours);
- 11 am and 3 pm (tour times).
Closed on holidays.
- Portuguese and English
A prior booking must be made directly with the partner via the contact options provided on this page. Tours without prior booking may take place if there is availability.
To benefit from this offer, you must present one of the following documents:
- Stopover reserved area on FlyTAP
- Booking management page under Manage Booking
- Booking confirmation email (valid for bookings with TAP)
- Booking with the Stopover indication on the TAP APP
The payment must be made directly at the José de Sousa Winery upon completion of the tour, in cash or by bank card. It is also possible to pay in advance via wire transfer (please contact our partner for more information).
In case of a same-day cancellation or a no-show, you will be charged 100% of the invoice amount.