Preparing to travel
What is the maximum gestation age allowed for travel?
In both cases, expectant mothers who are 28 or more weeks pregnant must carry a medical declaration stating both the length of gestation and that there are no complications. In this document, the doctor must also certify that the pregnancy does not prevent her from flying.
Prior permission from the TAP doctor is required in the following situations:
- medium- or high risk pregnancy;
- pregnancy with complications;
- no complications, over 36 weeks pregnant;
- over 32 weeks pregnant with twins, triplets;
- doubts as to gestation time and expected date of delivery;
- expected complications during delivery;
- risk of miscarriage or recent miscarriage.
The Medical Information for Fitness to Travel - MEDIF (PDF, 0.1MB, EN) form must be fulfilled, signed and stamped (sticker or stamp) by the passenger's assistant doctor and sent to FAX no. (+351) 21 841 5880 or email: email@example.com, up to 48 hours before the trip. Otherwise, we cannot guarantee its provision.
Assistance for passengers with reduced mobility. We guarantee support at the airport up until boarding your flight. We recommend that you do the booking of this service up to 48 hours before the trip.
TAP planes' modern and comfortable seats.
A long flight doesn’t mean it has to be uncomfortable. Follow our advice, relax and be pleasantly surprised.