Portugal, Spain and North Africa70 EUR / 75 USD / 98 CAD
Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Ireland and Italy80 EUR / 85 USD / 111 CAD
Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Norway, Poland, Sweden and flights between Accra and São Tomé85 EUR / 90 USD / 118 CAD
Medium-haul flights from/to Africa to/from Europe or Morocco115 EUR / 125 USD / 163 CAD
Long-haul flights from/to Africa to/from Israel, Europe or Morocco165 EUR / 175 USD / 229 CAD
Flights from/to Israel to/from Europe or Morocco85 EUR / 90 USD / 118 CAD
Intercontinental Flights from/to America to/from Africa Medium Haul170 EUR / 180 USD / 236 CAD
Intercontinental flights from/to America to/from Israel, Europe or Morocco125 EUR / 135 USD / 176 CAD
Intercontinental flights from/to America to/from Africa Long Haul or Rest of the World170 EUR / 180 USD / 236 CAD
What you can take in the cabin
In flights with a very high occupancy rate, or in some aircraft, it may be necessary to put your hand baggage in the hold (free of charge), even if you comply with the established size limits. In these situations, your baggage will be requested at the boarding gate and delivered at your destination, at the arrivals baggage carousel.
You can choose to check your cabin bag at the check-in area, free of charge, so that you can travel with greater peace of mind.
Maximum dimensions and weights
- 55x40x20cm / 22x16x8in: these are the maximum dimensions of height x length x width that a hand baggage can have.
- 10 kg / 22 lbs: it is the maximum weight of a hand baggage in Economy and Business Classes.
- Passengers flying with children and babies can carry the baby trolley on the cabin, replacing their hand baggage, as long as it does not exceed the above-mentioned permitted dimensions.
- 40x30x15cm / 16x12x5in: these are the maximum dimensions of height x length x width that a personal item can have.
- 2 kg / 4.4 lbs: it is the maximum weight of a personal item.
See below what you can carry as a personal item.
What is a personal item?
- Bags: Handbag, computer case or shoulder bag measuring no more than: 40x30x15cm / 16x12x5in.
- Duty Free Shop Bag: A bag with up to 2 bottles of alcoholic beverages, or other items (provided they do not exceed the maximum indicated weight).
- Walking aids: Mobility equipment such as wheelchairs, walking sticks, etc.
- Medical devices: upon prescription/prior approval.
Places where you can store your baggage
Whenever possible, store your hand baggage should be placed under the seat in front of you.
If your hand baggage is too large or if you are seated in the emergency row or the first row in the cabin, hand baggage should be stored in the overhead lockers.
Too much baggage? We have solutions for you!
- Book online in advance an additional hold luggage, before the check-in opens, starting from EUR 30 / USD 39 / CAD 49, and save time and money. If the booking was made through a travel agent, you can purchase directly from the agent.
- If you are already at the airport, go to check-in and add your baggage as hold baggage via payment of the fees applied.
- In case you transport it to the boarding gate, a fee between EUR 70 / USD 75 / CAD 98 and EUR 220 / USD 230 / CAD 302 will be charged. Check the fees applied.
High season for African destinations:
- Flights to Africa (except Guinea Bissau or Dakar): from December 9, 2023, to January 8, 2024; from March 15, 2024, to March 31, 2024; from June 8, 2024, to September, 8, 2024.
- Flights departing from Africa: from December 25, 2023, to January 8, 2024; from April 1, 2024, to April 7, 2024; from June 8, 2024, to September 8, 2024.
- Flights to Guinea Bissau: from November 11, 2023, to January 8, 2024; from March 15, 2024, to March 31, 2024; from June 8, 2024, to September 27, 2024.
- Flights to Dakar: from December 9, 2023, to January 8, 2024; from March 15, 2024, to March 31, 2024; from June 15, 2024, to September 27, 2024.
High season for other destinations: from December 15, 2023 to January 8, 2024; from March 22, 2024 to April 8, 2024; from July 15, 2024 to August 31, 2024.
Low season: rest of the year.
Security Control precautions
- Liquids1: Put all liquids in individual containers of up to 100ml in a transparent bag of up to 1l.
- Electronic devices: Remove computers, cameras, tablets, mobile phones and so on from your bags.
- Metal objects: Remove all metal items, such as earrings, pins, keys, watches, coins, etc. from your body and pockets.
- Clothes and footwear: Take off your jacket, belt and shoes to avoid having to go through the X-ray more than once.
- Children and babies: When traveling with children up to 2 years old, you can carry the necessary amount of food for the duration of the trip, but no water, which you can request on board. When going through airport security, you may be asked to taste that food.
Do you need to carry special baggage in the cabin?
Flights to Brazil
If you are travelling to Brazil and intend to take food and/or animal and vegetable products with you, read the Passenger Guide (PDF, 0.1, PT) to see the rules.
Traveling from Berlin
For flights departing from Berlin, and as per measures imposed by airport security, passengers should only transport one piece of hand luggage and any remaining luggage should be checked in. Prior to arriving at security control, passengers should store all the contents of their pockets within their jacket or the hand luggage, and larger electronic items (laptops, tablets and medical devices) as well as the bag for carrying liquids should be taken out of hand luggage for security verification."