Baggage is carried in the hold for free on all flights except for tap|discount. If so, please be advised that you may purchase this service in the next step.
If you are traveling with checked luggage and have a connecting flight in Brazil, the United States or Canada, be sure to collect your luggage for customs control in these countries. Then follow the directions and go to the luggage transfer point.
Whenever there is an irregularity with your flight, TAP’s priority is to find you an alternative.
You can change your flight should the one allocated by TAP be unsuitable.
If your alternative flight cannot provide the additional services purchased on the original, then you can request a refund for the unavailable extras.
You can change the destination airport, so long as TAP has a flight to the same city as your original flight. If flying to London, for example, you can change from Gatwick to Heathrow, or vice versa.
If you can't find a suitable solution, you can cancel your booking and request a refund.
In order to justify missing commitments, you can request proof that your flight was delayed or cancelled.
How do I access this feature?
If there is a problem with your flight, you can access this feature in Self Service through:
- A link sent by e-mail, text message or in the TAP App;
- “Manage my booking” at flytap.pt.
Do you have any questions about the management of your affected flight?
1. Description of and access to the Self Service feature
- Accept the alternative flight offered by TAP;
- Change the alternative flight offered by TAP and book another TAP-operated flight;
- Request a refund (of the ticket price);
- Request a certificate of irregularity.
- Via a link sent by e-mail, text message or push message (for passengers who have installed the TAP App with login) to the contact details provided in the booking;
- Via “My Bookings”.
- Group bookings (with more than 9 passengers);
- Bookings that include deported passengers or unaccompanied minors;
- Bookings that include wheelchairs or other specialist medical services, such as stretchers, etc.;
- Bookings with requests for special seating;
- Staff bookings;
- Bookings without passenger contact information;
- Bookings with journey segments operated by another airline.
- Bookings with other airlines on flights operated by TAP (when the irregularity occurs more than 72 hours from the flight).
- Selecting a flight operated by an airline other than TAP. Re-routing with partner airlines in the event of irregularities is only possible through TAP agents or their representatives at the airport or through the TAP Contact Centre;
- Where there is more than one passenger on a booking, changes cannot be made to just one passenger’s booking: all passengers are affected;
- Changes to bookings with TAP partners (accommodation, car hire, cruises, car parks, transfers, tours and activities, health card, travel insurance, bag drop, etc.) Any alterations to your journey that result in the loss of benefits or services booked with TAP partners cannot be amended or cancelled using this feature. To reactivate or reschedule such benefits or services you must contact the relevant partner (points 27 and 28);
- This does not allow you to purchase services or make payments of any kind;
- This does not allow changes to a different class than the original ticket;
- It is not possible to schedule the return flight to the original departure location when the journey is cancelled and a refund requested.
2. Refunds for unavailable extras
3. Change flight(s) allocated by TAP
- There are no charges when the passenger changes a flight as a result of changes to the first flight, and when this flight has the same destination as the original flight.
- This Self Service feature lets you change at no cost during the 24 hours following the first change you made. This 24-hour period only applies to flights with an irregularity that are scheduled to depart more than 72 hours later. After this 24-hour period, for any change, costs associated with the purchased tariff apply.
4. Cancel booking and request a refund
- By electronic bank transfer, bank draft, bank cheque, depending on how the original payment was made;
- By travel vouchers and/or other services up to the total ticket value, according to the travel voucher surcharge conditions in effect and by written agreement with the passenger.
The amount to be refunded will correspond to the unused part(s) of the journey and for used part(s) of the journey if the flight no longer meets the needs of the original journey plan.
There is more information about refunds here.
- If you intend to be refunded in cash, please call the Contact Centre.
- If you intend to be refunded through an increased voucher, ask for your refund here.
5. Bookings with partners
- This Self Service feature is for flight changes only. Even when bookings made with partners are associated with the flight booking, it will not allow changes to bookings with partners if they need to be changed. You will need to contact the respective TAP partners directly;
- Please note that alterations to bookings made with any of the partners described above may incur additional charges, depending on the booking conditions set out by the respective partners.