Search results
Closest Cities
    View version on Youtube.

    Travel to Canada - Prepare your documents

    Travel to Canada

    See the rules for declaring the amount of national and foreign currency you carry with you.

    eTA - electronic travel authorization

    The eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) is a document that confirms the bearer is allowed to travel to Canada. From November 2016, the Canadian Government introduced a new immigration regulation. The eTA is now necessary for passengers who previously did not require a visa. It is requested online and is directly linked to the passenger’s passport, and is issued by the government of Canada.

    To obtain it, simply go to the official Canadian Citizenship and Immigration website (cic) to confirm your eligibility to travel and request the electronic authorization before departing for Canada. Travelers who have a visa and USA citizens are exempt from this document.

    Nationals from the following countries now require an e-TA to visit or travel through Canada:

     Germany  Estonia
     Andorra  Spain  Mexico
     Antigua and Barbuda  Finland  Monaco
     Australia  France  New Zealand
     Austria  Greece  Norway
     Bahamas  Netherlands  Papua New Guinea
     Barbados  Hong Kong  Poland
     Belgium  Hungary
     Brunei  Solomon Islands  United Kingdom
     Chile  Irlanda  Czech Republic
     Cyprus  Iceland  San Marino
     Croatia  Israel  Samoa
     South Korea
     Italy  Singapore
     Denmark  Japan  Sweden
     Slovakia  Latvia  Switzerland
     Slovenia  Liechtenstein  Taiwan

    Further information here (PDF, 0.97MB,EN).