How to choose the lowest fares
The fares of your flight depend on many factors.
Follow our advice to get the best prices.
- Book early: plan your trip in time and get a lower fare;
- Avoid weekends: fares tend to be higher on Saturdays and Sundays;
- Travel in low season: choose to travel at times of lower demand, because you will manage to get better prices;
- Take advantage of our special offers: subscribe to the newsletter and stay updated on new developments;
- Book online and get special fares that are not available through other sales channels.
TAP offers special prices for infants and young people on some routes.If you fall into any of these categories, simply indicate it at the time of your booking.
- Infants - Children aged from 0 to 23 months have special fares since they do not occupy a seat on the aircraft. They have to be accompanied by an adult.
- Childs - TAP provides special fares for young people aged between 2 and 11 years.
About your ticket
TAP only issues e-tickets. Even so, do be aware that if your flight, or advance booking prior to the departure date, does not allow your ticket to be issued, it can be picked up at a TAP ticket desk or at a General Ticket Agent.
Please note that tickets must be picked up within 72 hours of the online booking being made. By failing to do so, the booking will be cancelled automatically.
Lost or stolen tickets
TAP tickets issued for domestic flights — within Continental Portugal and the islands of Madeira and the Azores — cannot be replaced.
Except in these circumstances, if your ticket has been stolen or ost it may be replaced as a lost/stolen ticket if the passenger signs a TAP form assuming responsibility for its use.
This service is liable for the following fees:
- European flights: € 100 (Except those to and from Spain: €50)
- Intercontinental flights: €160
- The fees charged are non-refundable.
- Fees are charged on a case-by-case basis and not per passenger, meaning a family is considered as a single case.