Search results
Closest Cities
    See the version available on youtube.

    Travel to Canada - Prepare your documents

    Travelling to Canada

    See the rules If you are travelling to or through Canada, here are all the conditions and authorisations you require.the declaration to carry and transport national and foreign currency.

    eTA - electronic travel authorisation

    The eTA (Electronic Travel Authorisation) is a document that confirms the bearer is allowed to travel to Canada. From November 2016, the Canadian Government introduced a new immigration regulation. The eTA is now necessary for passengers who previously did not require a visa. It is requested online and is directly linked to the passenger’s passport, and is issued by the government of Canada.

    To obtain it, simply go to the official Canadian Citizenship and Immigration website (cic) to confirm your eligibility to travel and request the electronic authorisation before departing for Canada. Travellers who have a visa and USA citizens are exempt from this document.

    Nationals from the following countries now require an e-TA to visit or travel through Canada:

     Germany  Estonia
     Andorra  Spain  Mexico
     Antigua and Barbuda  Finland  Monaco
     Australia  France  New Zealand
     Austria  Greece  Norway
     Bahamas  Netherlands  Papua New Guinea
     Barbados  Hong Kong  Poland
     Belgium  Hungary
     Brunei  Solomon Islands  United Kingdom
     Chile  Irlanda  Czech Republic
     Cyprus  Iceland  San Marino
     Croatia  Israel  Samoa
     South Korea
     Italy  Singapore
     Denmark  Japan  Sweden
     Slovakia  Latvia  Switzerland
     Slovenia  Liechtenstein  Taiwan

    Further information here(PDF, 0.97MB,EN).