You can feel safe travelling with TAP. The likelihood of having a plane crash is very low, currently standing at about 0.000014 %.
The worldwide AirLineRatings rating agency places TAP at level 6, on a scale of 0 to 7, in relation to the airline’s product and safety.
The maintenance and improvement of our fleet is a constant priority, so that our passengers feel confident.
Air travel is currently the safest way to travel over long distances.
Face your fear. Travel with TAP!
Leave your fear on the ground
Don’t let fear clip your wings. Follow our advice, fly and get to know the world.
TAP aims for all its passengers to travel peacefully and in the greatest possible comfort. Follow these tips to help you lose your fear:
Combat the phobia:
- Be informed about the statistics;
- Look up information on the operation of aircraft;
- Learn more about the maintenance of aircraft;
- Prepare for the possibility of turbulence and face it like you would in a car on a dirt road.
On the eve of your trip:
- Reduce your coffee consumption before you travel;
- Don’t leave anything pending;
- Sleep well the night before;
- Prepare everything smoothly;
- Leave home in good time and without a rush.
Before taking off:
- Get on the plane ready to take a nap;
- Get a window seat or one next to the emergency exit;
- You can choose a seat in the front of the plane, where less turbulence is felt;
- Distract yourself by reading, listening to music or watching the videos we offer.
- Identify your symptoms, this will make it easier to control them;
- Trust the people operating the aircraft;
- Try to relax your muscles;
- Take your mind off the flight and think of positive things;
- Calmly and quietly breathe in and out.
TAP helps you lose your fear of flying
Try the Earn Wings Programme developed by TAP to help you overcome the fear of flying.