Enjoy a free upgrade to Business Class
In this regard, Navigator Customers now have access to two free Upgrades to Business Class, per qualifying period.
How to enjoy this benefit:
- Book a TAP flight on any fare, except on the Discount fare.
- Request the Upgrade up to 12 hours before the trip, using the Manage your bookings.
- Obtain Upgrade confirmation at the boarding gate, subject to availability.
This benefit is exclusive to Navigator Customers who have a valid status at the time of the trip. Check below for all terms and conditions.
- Only the holder of the TAP Miles&Go Account can benefit from 2 (two) free Upgrades for the Business Class.
- From the date the free Upgrades are granted, they can be used for a maximum period of 12 months, according to the Customer's PMY (annual qualification/accumulation period).
- The offer of two Upgrades per annual qualification period is only valid for Customers who have obtained Navigator status on merit, that is, through Status Miles or segments flown with TAP. Customers who have obtained status by other means are excluded from access to this offer.
- The two free Upgrades are valid during the Customer's annual qualification period only and as long as the Customer holds the Navigator status, namely at the time of the trip.
- If the Customer renews the Navigator status, they will have access to this benefit again. However, Free Upgrades requirements do not carry over the annual qualification period and are not cumulative.
- Valid for flights operated by TAP. Codeshares are excluded. This service is not available on non-Business Class devices.
- Valid exclusively for cash bookings (priced ticket), continental and intercontinental flights, on all fares (brands), except Discount, excluding tickets issued with miles (Award Tickets).
- Miles will be credited according to the original booking fare.
- The ticket must be issued with the name that appears in the respective profile TAP Miles&Go and the TAP Miles&Go Customer Number must be added to booking.
- The request for free Upgrades is carried out exclusively online and using flytap.com, in the “Manage Booking” section (myb.flytap.com).
- The Upgrade must be requested on the “Manage Booking” page up to 12 hours before the flight.
- The free Upgrade is counted and valid per flight segment.
- Cancellation of the Upgrade requirement can be done on the “Manage Booking” page up to 2 hours before flight departure. After this period it will not be possible to cancel the order.
- Once requested, Upgrades will be automatically deducted. If the free Upgrade is not used, the number of Upgrades available will be updated the next day.
- The Upgrade will be confirmed directly and exclusively at the boarding gate, when you hand in your boarding pass, subject to seat availability and possible plane changes at the time of trip. TAP will not compensate for the possibility of not using the Upgrade at the time of boarding.
- Upgrading to Business Class at the boarding gate does not change the baggage conditions (number and weight) included in the original fare.
- If the free Upgrade is approved at the boarding gate, the Customer will have access to the Business Class meal. However, there may be situations where it is not available. However, this situation does not invalidate the consumption of the free Upgrade and it will be considered as used, even if it was not possible to offer the Business Class meal. TAP will not compensate the Customer if it is not possible to offer the Business Class meal.
- If you have requested a special meal and your Upgrade has been confirmed, we will not be able to guarantee the respective special request.
- Free Upgrades do not apply to the following cases: passengers with children (INF), tickets purchased with miles, passengers with pets (PET), group bookings, Stopover or multicity bookings, waitlist bookings, and industry discount tickets.
How to request a free upgrade
Choose your destination and book your flight in Economy Class, except for the Discount fare. Make sure that the first and last names match the names on your TAP Miles&Go Account and that you include the Customer number.
Access your bookings, via this link, and request a free Upgrade per flight, exclusive to you. You can cancel up to 2 hours before your flight.
If it is available on the flight, the Upgrade will be confirmed at the boarding gate. If not, you will keep your original seat in Economy Class.