Adega José de Sousa
30% discount on wine tasting tours and 10% discount on tastings with a food experience.
In the very heart of Reguengos de Monsaraz, you can enjoy a tour of the José de Sousa Winery, which produces Alentejo wine for brands such as José de Sousa, José de Sousa Mayor, and the flagship J de José de Sousa, as well as Montado, Puro Talha, and Monte da Ribeira.
There is no other winery like this in the world, and it is also one of Alentejo's oldest and most traditional wineries. Established in 1878, it boasts an exceptional collection of 114 "talhas" (clay amphorae), some of which are still used to produce the winery's famous amphora wine.
If you are looking for wine tourism programs in Alentejo, this is a highly recommended option for the unique opportunity to taste amphora wine.
- Wine tastings – Guided tour with the tasting of 3 wines. For 1/2 to 40 people.
- Wine and local product tastings – Guided tour with the tasting of 3 or 4 wines and a variety of local products. For 2 to 40 people.
- Group programs – Guided tour with the tasting of 2 or 3 wines and other products and experiences. For groups or families with a minimum of 4 people.
- Tour and snacks in the winery – Guided tour followed by snacks and 4 glasses of wine. For groups of 6 to 24 people.
For more information about these services and other options - such as tastings of specific wines and products, or programs on special dates - please contact our partner. Please note that only some offers include amphora wine tastings.
- Wine tastings – From €17 to €45 per person (€11.9 to €31.5 with the 30% Stopover discount).
- Wine and regional product tastings – From €22 to €60 per person (€19.8 to €54 with the 10% Stopover discount).
- Group programs – From €35 per person or €40 per family, depending on the option (€31.5 or €36 with the 10% Stopover discount).
- Tour and snacks in the winery – From €45 to €60 per person (€40.5 to €54 with the 10% Stopover discount).
To check the menu and the prices of other options, please contact our partner. The prices for the various options include a guided tour. Prices are inclusive of VAT at 23% and are valid until 2023-12-31.
- From 60 minutes onward.
- Summer (April to October):
- 10 am - 7 pm (shop opening hours);
- 11 am, 3 pm and 5 pm (tour times).
- Winter (November to March):
- 10 am - 5:30 pm (shop opening hours);
- 11 am and 3 pm (tour times).
Closed on holidays.
- Portuguese and English
A prior booking must be made directly with the partner via the contact options provided on this page. Tours without prior booking may take place if there is availability.
To benefit from this offer, you must present one of the following documents:
- Stopover reserved area on FlyTAP
- Booking management page under Manage Booking
- Booking confirmation email (valid for bookings with TAP)
- Booking with the Stopover indication on the TAP APP
The payment must be made directly at the José de Sousa Winery upon completion of the tour, in cash or by bank card. It is also possible to pay in advance via wire transfer (please contact our partner for more information).
In case of a same-day cancellation or a no-show, you will be charged 50% of the invoice amount.