As of October 15, bookings for unaccompanied minors will be accepted in transfers in Porto and Lisbon, on TAP flights with no connections with other companies, provided that:
- There is no overnight stay on the stopover transfer (LIS/OPO).
- It is not a route from Morocco to Canada.
The service is not available for other flights with TAP or interline connections. If you have a confirmed reservation for an unaccompanied minor after this date, you should contact our Contact Center.
- TAP does not allow unaccompanied minors under the age of 5.
- Minors who are under 2 years of age must always travel accompanied by an adult. Their adult companion must be at least 18 years old and be able to take care of the minor child throughout the trip, including check-in and border and customs formalities. I
- Minors between 2 and 4 years (inclusive) may be accompanied by another passenger aged between 12 and 15 years since the procedures of "unaccompanied minor" to be applied to both.
- A passenger 16 years of age or older can accompany a child between 5 and 11 years of age, provided that he/she is declared the companion for the entire trip, including the minor’s acceptance, check-in and getting though airport formalities;
- Passengers from 5 to 11 years of age who traveling alone are always considered to be Unaccompanied Minors;
- When they are between 12 and 17 years of age (inclusive) they may in special cases be registered as Unaccompanied Minors at the request of their parents or legal guardians;
- It is also considered an unaccompanied minor child who travels in a different cabin class where travels the adult;
- Wait list reservations are not accepted;
- When an Unaccompanied Minor reservation is made and confirmed, TAP must be informed of the name and contact information (phone number and address) of the people who will be taking the child to the airport and picking him or her up on arrival.
- The "Unaccompanied Minors" (UMNR) service is not available when there is a night stop on the flights connecting the child's itinerary.
Reservations and fares
When an Unaccompanied Minor reservation is made and confirmed, TAP must be informed of the name and contact information (phone number and address) of the people who will be taking the child to the airport and picking him or her up on arrival.
Reservations are not accepted on the waiting list
To book the ticket for an unaccompanied minor, will be added to the following rates:
|Domestic flights||Europe, Morocco and Tunisia||Intercontinental flights|
|65 EUR / 77 USD / 92 CAD||90 EUR / 112 USD / 142 CAD||130 EUR / 162 USD / 195 CAD|
The fees apply as follows:
- Children between 5 and 11 years old travelling alone;
- For Unaccompanied Minor;
- For one way*;
- The young people between 12 and 17 years, if parents/guardians so wish are considered unaccompanied minors.
* one-way Flight ticket or just back.
Legislation on minors
Foreign minors born in Portugal
Minors entering Portugal
Minors leaving Portugal
Minors with Brazilian nationality
See the document of the National Council of Justice or the respective website, to find out everything you need for your underage son traveling in Brazil or abroad.
Authorization of minor:
- Required for Brazilian minors with dual nationality residing outside Brazil;
- It must be certified at a Brazilian Consulate. Certification of the signatures by a notary public or lawyer of the country of residence will not be accepted;
- The same applies to minors with dual nationality traveling from Brazil to other countries, i.e. they must also present an authorization certified by a Brazilian Consulate according to the same rules.
Minors with Italian nationality
Children under the age of 14 and traveling with Italian passports cannot travel to or from Italy unaccompanied.
If accompanied by someone other than their parents or legal guardian, they must have their own passport and a properly completed “Dichiarazione di Accompagno” (PDF, IT, 0.4MB) form. This document must be signed in the presence of a police officer by both parents (or guardian).
This document is available at any local police station (Questura), but it is not available at the airport police station. If you reside in another country, you must obtain this form from the Italian embassy or consulate.
Minors with Spanish nationality
From September 1, 2019 new conditions for trips for unaccompanied minors enter into force.
Unaccompanied minors wishing to travel outside Spanish territory, in addition to having to present their DNI and Passport (the latter for trips outside the Schengen area), must be accompanied by the duly completed Travel Authorization for Unaccompanied Minors, signed by both parents (or legal guardian). This authorization must be recognized in the following facilities: National Police, Guardia Civil, Autonomous Communities Police, Notaries and Alcaldías.
For more information, visit the Ministerio del Interior page here.