TAP and Chubb have formed a partnership to provide the Chubb Travel Insurance for passengers.
Travel with peace of mind!
Chubb Travel Insurance helps in situations whereby you might need to cancel your flight, or require emergency medical assistance when travelling. It covers against lost, stolen or damaged baggage as well as providing benefits for travel inconvenience you may experience.
View the conditions of the Travel Insurance here.
When and how can I get the travel insurance
You can add Travel Insurance when booking your TAP flight online. One of the steps prior to payment is related to the insurance, where you can include this option (subject to trip type, commencement date and duration). You can also purchase your Travel Insurance at the end of the booking process, on the confirmation page; or, if you prefer, you can purchase your Insurance now by clicking the 'Get quote' button on this page.
If flying accompanied by a child aged up to 2 years, they are included free of charge on the Travel Insurance policy.
Chubb Travel Insurance is available for residents on each country website and for passengers aged up to 65 years of age.
Top 3 reasons why you need Trip Protection:
1. Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Protection reimburses for cancellations due to reasons like illness, injury, and more
2. Coverage for Emergency Medical incidents
3. 24/7 Emergency Assistance Hotline to help in the event of a travel or medical emergency
This is free insurance made available by TAP in partnership with CHUBB.
This insurance between TAP and CHUBB provides the client with the protection they need in the event of COVID-19-related incidents arising during the journey. These incidents include: mandatory prolongation of the journey, hospitalisation or admittance to an intensive care unit. This insurance will not pay for COVID-19 treatment.
This insurance is valid:
- Only for return flights.
- When the journey begins no more than 90 days after booking.
- When the duration of the journey does not exceed 30 days.
- For tap|classic, tap|plus, tap|executive and tap|top executive fares (round-trip).
- Only on flights operated by TAP and TAP Express.
- For bookings of up to 9 passengers.
- For passengers permanently resident in Portugal.
This information does not obviate the need to read the important documentation available on this page.
Quarantine and mandatory prolongation of the journey
Refund of €500 expenses
€500 (fixed amount)
Admittance to Intensive Care Units
€1,000 (fixed amount)
Repatriation in the event of death
€10,000 (refund limit)
- Mandatory controls established by CHUBB are applied according to appropriate policy exclusions, age limits, deductibles, etc.
- The insurance only covers the period of time during which the client is travelling (and ceases to apply the moment they return home).
- COVID-19 diagnosis, hospitalisation, etc., may not be on the list of reasons for cancelling coverage.
- Pre-existing medical conditions are excluded.